Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus 7 Pro

Benmondo
2: Seeker

It's now been three weeks since the OnePlus 7 Pro launched, and yet there's no sign of it on Vodafone's website. I think we atleast deserve a rough time frame as to whether it's coming out or not, so we don't all waste time waiting for something that's never going to come.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called them again just for fun to see if I'd get a different answer and this guy was so honest.

He said "to be honest, with a launch this big, if there's nothing on the coming soon page chances are you're going to be waiting a LONG time for this phone"

He said "the coming soon page shows products we will eventually sell, but even if they are on that page, you can expect to wait *atleast* 2 months before it will actually be released, so even *if* the OnePlus 7 Pro was up for pre-order, it would still be months away from the moment it even appeared"

He followed up with "I can only say so much" and laughed as he said that, then said "Let's just say I'm not going to try and persuade you not get it elsewhere"

So I got the hint... I sold my old phone and put it towards one from John Lewis. Agreed, a company based on communication and selling phones, can't even seem to provide that themselves

Good luck to you however you go about getting the phone! 🙂

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's a really nice phone so I cant fault you for wanting to own one.

Right now it seems to be on a certain network at this moment in time.

Wether Vodafone decide to offer it is a business decision.they won't discuss on the forum @Benmondo 

It's a case of waiting and watching the Coming-soon page and Vodafone Blog.

That or maybe check out an independent such as Carphone Warehouse and upgrade or open up a contract with them. A person upgrading needs to make sure they upgrade them and not open up another contract or 2nd line and discounts such as VEA Employers discount isn't available on contracts / upgrades not taken out directly with Vodafone. 

Another option disposable income allowing is to buy it directly Sim free.

John Lewis sell it for £699.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just to add,   dont bother with 7 pro on Vodafone network,   if u like to use volte ( 4g calling)  thats basically available on all networks except the Vodafone,  only phones purchased thru vodafone works,  even so not em all,          enabled volte manually -calls disconnecting  ,  using Three or EE,   volte just works perfectly,    really considering to leave Vodafone this time and grab other network 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I believe you can enable VoLTE and VoWiFi using a newer version of logkit, have a read of this

Download the updated logkit apk and then it works as usual via *#800#
All at your own risk, standard disclaimer, etc.

That is correct u can,  even setting the the phone to the right volte settings likes of India Vodafone etc, using the pdc app from pc,   call can lasts on volte for few minutes or so then call goes silent,   basically making it unusable     love the reception of vodafone,   but since we are in 4g calling for few years now...this is joke with vodafone,    especially 5g is rolling out

Steddars

Agreed. Its a joke now its been so long. Going to just leave and go to EE at this point...... A yes or no to if theyl even stock it at all would be helpful. Everyone at Vodafone, EVERYONE says they dont know what the higher ups are deciding... Unhelpful. Poor communication on their part. Its a flag ship Top Spec phone... They have 1 job, provide and sell phones... If you cant even do that... Im out.

I called them again just for fun to see if I'd get a different answer and this guy was so honest.

He said "to be honest, with a launch this big, if there's nothing on the coming soon page chances are you're going to be waiting a LONG time for this phone"

He said "the coming soon page shows products we will eventually sell, but even if they are on that page, you can expect to wait *atleast* 2 months before it will actually be released, so even *if* the OnePlus 7 Pro was up for pre-order, it would still be months away from the moment it even appeared"

He followed up with "I can only say so much" and laughed as he said that, then said "Let's just say I'm not going to try and persuade you not get it elsewhere"

So I got the hint... I sold my old phone and put it towards one from John Lewis. Agreed, a company based on communication and selling phones, can't even seem to provide that themselves

Good luck to you however you go about getting the phone! 🙂

Most helpful response iv had so far, beating ANYONE from Vodafone.

I just spoke with the online chat. They think itl be in the first week of July. I asked if they personaly thinkt hats true as I dont want to wait that long ot find out its not true. THey didnt answer, only with vaugue copy paste responses.

Huge let down for a major provider to not stock a main major flagship phone. Alot of ppl leaving for this model. I will be.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Steddars Our Coming soon blog has all the information on upcoming releases. If we're stocking the OnePlus 7 pro it'll be announced here first. I'm sorry we don't have a more definite asnwer about this just yet.

So i spoke with 2 people on the live chat asking about the release date. The first stated "through internal communications" theyv been told itl be available the first week of July. I then left it a day and spoke to someone else on the live chat. They also confirmed this. Its double confirmed first week of July. So if this turns out to not be true, i'll be kicking up a storm. Why its not advertised on coming soon i don't know.... Or why no one has been informed until now... Or the lack of willingness from Vodafone to stock a highly anticipated top range phone...