Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Teams do read all posts here. 

Until Vodafone decide to add a device Unfortunatly even tho the device itself may support the feature it won't work. 

Vodafone would say keep an eye on the link you've already been looking at and the Vodafone Blog. 

They wouldn't in my experience discuss or comment on business decisions. 

With voLTE the phone has to have been supplied directly by Vodafone with iPhones being the exception. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @ABDULHAMID1978.

We do read all of our posts here and appreciate you raising this to us. @BandOfBrothers has hit the nail on the head with his reply; please keep your eyes on our Wi-Fi Calling page here for any updates. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There is only one UK network that does support VoLTE and VoWiFi for the OnePlus 6.  You can even send texts when using wifi calling, something Vodafone haven't managed to work out how to configure yet.

@chistery Are you able to point me in the direction of which UK network supports VoLTE and VoWiFi for the OnePlus 6?

EE.

I have a OnePlus 6 and with my EE SIM in I get both VoLTE and VoWiFi.

And even better SMS works over VoWiFi too

I have just moved from O2 to Vodafone. It was working fine with O2.

I have found a way to force the phone to show VoLTE and VoWiFi options and can now use Three UK for both!

Tried Vodafone and suprise...still won't work 

I tried the following method from a forum and it still does not work on Vodafone:

1: Go to the dialer and enter:  *#800#
2: Select Enter
3: Go to Logkit
4: Swipe down to function switch
5: Tick VoLTE, VoWiFi switch
6: Reboot

I'll be moving from Vodafone when contract expires in 2 months.

Yup that's what I did.

Now works on Three, EE and O2....not Voda