Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pavann @getti @ABDULHAMID1978 - Please keep a look out via our Wi-Fi Calling page, for any updates on this phone being supported though us.

chistery
16: Advanced member

Why Vodafone can't just be honest and say we're looking at it, or we CBA, I don't know. 

Just say you aren't bothering as you are hoping to make people buy a handset direct and to give up all hope. Why bother with the cut and paste non answer?

Vodafone don't have any OnePlus devices on that page.  I have accepted the fact that Vodafone will not support anything from OnePlus so will move once contract expires.

Still no updates, Interestingly vodafone supports Oneplus in other regions of the world but not UK which aint a lot of good which you've moved from Three.

According to Oneplus support EE O2 and Three support wifi calling on Onepljus hones as far back as oneplus 3t.

Vodafone UK seem for some reason incapabile or just not bothered.

chistery

Which version do you have? WiFi calling works fine on recent OP releases 

Worked with Three but not vodafone

Oneplus 7t andriod 10 Oxegen OS 10.0.7.HD65BA............system up to date/

chistery

Do you get the menu option to enable it under sim settings? Does your account say WiFi calling is enabled?

I have the 7pro 5g and it works fine. 

Account say wifi calling enabled but no options within phone.

Interesting thats  its enabled for you for 5g more so if you did not buy phone from Vodafone

Perhaps voda support would like to comment?

chistery

Phones bought elsewhere support VoLTE and Wifi calling, whilst Vodafone staff continue to lie to customers in order to sell phones, imagine that!

Anyway, you need to call or try live chat and ask them to send you a SIM update to enable it in the menu. It will probably take you a number of attempts as some staff will say it's done, some are clueless and then you find someone who sends the provisioning message and the menu option suddenly appears. It'll then work.

Thanks, agree with everything you say. Called into shop, contacted via twitter, call online Tel support everybody assumes they are the chosen one to resolve problem. Complete waste of space.

Will try your suggestion of new SIM and who knows..... thanks