Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

No I haven't. I'm a bit worried I'll ##~## up the phone!  Is it safe to do?

chistery
16: Advanced member

I tried it on a Nord and it was fine, the older logkit did the trick and enabled VoWiFi and VoLTE.

OnePlus may have blocked it, you'd have more luck on the one plus forums than here.

I actually tried this on my Oneplus 6 and it no longer works for me.  This is on 10.3.7.

Hello Mark.

I have a OnePlus 6, which is perfect for my needs.
Vodafone recently told me about the withdrawal of 3G, which is fair enough, as all providers are doing this.
However, when entered, my EMIE is "not suitable"
So Voda's solution is to buy a new phone - directly from you - or I am stuffed!
I have tried all of the above avenues, and finally came to this forum.
I've spent ages trying to find a workaround, and the best so far is the several steps described above.  Your telephone guys have no clue - one of them told me my phone would work, which is clearly untrue on Voda.
However, it still doesn't enable LTE, which can only be because VODAFONE ARE PREVENTING IT!
==============
So, having been a loyal Vodafone customer SINCE 1997, I must leave you for another provider.
I will also change my responses when friends, work colleagues and family ask me, from "Vodafone are great" to "Vodafone are useless, manipulative, money-grabbing Bast*rds"

I sincerely hope that this forum is monitored "for training and quality purposes", because this needs to be fed back to your management for them to Wake UP and look at their stupidity.

So, farewell Vodafone, after 25+ years.
Paul Franklin.

Hello Gemma.

I have a OnePlus 6, which is perfect for my needs.
Vodafone recently told me about the withdrawal of 3G, which is fair enough, as all providers are doing this.
However, when entered, my EMIE is "not suitable"
So Voda's solution is to buy a new phone - directly from you - or I am stuffed!
I have tried all of the above avenues, and finally came to this forum.
I've spent ages trying to find a workaround, and the best so far is the several steps described above.  Your telephone guys have no clue - one of them told me my phone would work, which is clearly untrue on Voda.
However, it still doesn't enable LTE, which can only be because VODAFONE ARE PREVENTING IT!
==============
So, having been a loyal Vodafone customer SINCE 1997, I must leave you for another provider.
I will also change my responses when friends, work colleagues and family ask me, from "Vodafone are great" to "Vodafone are useless, manipulative, money-grabbing Bast*rds"

I sincerely hope that this forum is monitored "for training and quality purposes", because this needs to be fed back to your management for them to Wake UP and look at their stupidity.

So, farewell Vodafone, after 25+ years.
Paul Franklin.

@getti are you able to confirm this works on Three UK as I am thinking of switching to them

I have requested my PAC code and have ordered an EE sim-only contract.  No point waiting for Vodafone to add any Oneplus devices to their supported list for this service.

Just got my EE sim and can confirm that VoLTE & VoWiFi are both working without having to do anything extra.

Vodafone really need to get there act together on this as it was the only reason for me to leave.

chistery

VoLTE and VoWiFi is working on OxygenOS 9 / Android Pie on the Oneplus 6!

I have the stable OxygenOS 9 installed.  There is another 2 weeks left on my Vodafone contract.  VoLTE and VoWiFi is working for me on EE after the update but as I expected still not working on Vodafone.