Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

@ABDULHAMID1978 wrote:

I have the stable OxygenOS 9 installed.  There is another 2 weeks left on my Vodafone contract.  VoLTE and VoWiFi is working for me on EE after the update but as I expected still not working on Vodafone.

Have you got the option to enable it under the SIM settings? Is Wifi Calling enabled on your account?

No option to enable under SIM settings.  I have just checked my account again and Wifi and 4G Calling was already enabled.

The only other thing I have done is this, to get the options to show up:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/how-to-enable-volte-vowifi-switch-root-t3820943

1: Go to the dialer and enter: *#800#
2: Select Enter
3: Go to Logkit
4: Swipe down to function switch
5: Tick VoLTE, VoWiFi switch
6: Reboot

Give that a go and se if it helps.

I can confirm this made it work.  I have Wifi and 4G Calling working on both SIM's

Hi, do you mean that you have Volte and VoWiFi working on the Vodafone Network with a One Plus handset?

I've tried the same procedure and I can't see the icons.

@The Vodafone team: this is extremely disappointing, I passed to Vodafone today because my SIM is part of a corporate account and Volte was working beautifully on EE. What is your plan to close this gap?

Regards,

Carlo

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Which OnePlus phone have you got?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vodafone didn't allow it on corporate accounts. I'm on a consumer red entertainment one.

Yes but only on OnePlus 6 with the latest Android P.  You have to follow the steps to enable it on the phone in hidden settings.

Thanks guys for the prompt answer!

I've got a One Plus 6, Android version 8.1.0, OxigenOS version 5.1.11.

And yes, have activated both Volte and Vowifi in the hidden settings, but still no icons showing! :Sad_face:

There you goScreenshot_20181010-230218.jpg

You will need to update to 9.0.  That is when it worked for me.