Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

Interesting thread here. For the people who've managed to get it to work, did your phone come direct from Vodafone or from somewhere else?

I'm thinking of joining Vodafone, and looking at the Oneplus 6T - but only if I get Wifi calling. And only if it works on non-Vodafone devices (much better deals available elsewhere).

chistery
16: Advanced member

I bought my OnePlus 6 direct from OnePlus and VoWiFi works on it.

I also bought directly from OnePlus.  It is now also available from Amazon UK, I would buy from them if I were to buy now.  The OnlePlus 6 is available on discount at Amazon.  The 6t is also available at full price.

I bought through John Lewis, after doing the *#800# trick I have VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling enabled on Vodafone but still only have Wi-Fi Calling offered on my EE sim.

Did you update your phone firmware to at least Android 9.0?

Hi AbdulHamid1978, if you are talking to me, my phone has Android 9 OxygenOS v 9.0.6 installed.

@skull66, then that means you have the OnePlus 6T.  I have no idea if this method works with Vodafone on OnePlus 6T as I have the OnePlus 6.

If it's still not working after enabling it, rebooting and trying airplane mode, have you checked if Wifi calling is enabled in MyVodafone?

How do you check that in the app? I can't find a setting for it  

chistery

It's under manage bars and extras / calling options.