Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

Update: I now have Wifi calling working on my Oneplus 6T. I followed the steps in this thread, and then spoke to Live Chat to get them to provision Wifi calling on my account. (I coulldn't enable it within My Vodafone.)

I can now make calls on my phone even while it's in Airplane Mode.

Importantly, it's not necessary to buy the phone from Vodafone - I didn't. And the above steps worked for me.

Vodafone - you may wish to update your list of 'supported devices' with this info. A lot of people who are thinking about getting a Oneplus 6T would want to know this first!

chistery
16: Advanced member

Vodafone don't seem to want to admit it will work if you buy the phone elsewhere, probably trying to help increase handset sales.

I can also confirm that VoLTE and WiFi calling are working on my Android 9 OnePlus 6T. My phone was purchased via FoneHouse but appears to be non customised as you find buying sim free from OnePlus or Amazon

When I first got the phone with a temporary number I  was able to make HD calls (not VoLTE or VoWifi) which uses a 3G signal. However since my number ported I never get the HD call identifier when a call is in progress.

I've not seen any posts on this forum but would be interested to see if others have this working. There is a noticeable improvement in voice quality and clarity for a HD call

HD call quality icon is presentHD call quality icon is present

I think this forum is running some kind of Christmas magic, just made a call after posting and HD calling is back!

I also have a OnePlus 6 running Oxygen 9.0.2

I did the *#800# trick and ticked the two boxes.

After reboot I can now see and enable the VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling option.

I can also see that Wifi Calling is enabled on MyVodafone account settings

But I still cannot make calls when in Airplane mode and Wifi on - also dont see any HD calling logo when not in Airplane mode and connected to 4G network.

So, it seems this works for some and not others.

Come on Vodafone - please add OnePlus to your supported list  - Thanks.

chistery

Have you tried rebooting your router or trying someone else's WiFi? 

nope - not tried rebooting router - internet being used right now by kids so will try later...

chistery

I get HD on my OP6 when calling a iPhone on Vodafone. What device are you calling? Does that device get HD icon when calling other Vodafone numbers? (i.e. are you sure the problem is at your end?)

Hi,

Ok - I rebooted the router and now I see VoLTE in the icon bar - and the HD logo when I call my partner's mobile - yay!

But if I put the phone into airplane mode + Wifi on and try to make a call - it still insists I take phone out of flight mode to place a call. - Ah well one out of two for now...

Cheers.

chistery

Well the odd thing here is that your router/wifi have nothing to do with VoLTE or HD Voice, but at least it's working!

I would try someone else's wifi connection, it may be your ISP or router blocking it.

If you dial *#*#4636#*#* (spells info) is 'wifi calling provisioned' enabled under phone information?