Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

Yeah, it did. But for whatever reason it wasn't actually active.

I requested over the online chat thing, took five minutes.

Ok - so I contacted Vodafone yesterday evening and asked them to activate Wifi + Volte, which they said they did.

All the relevant options are enabled, in the hidden menu, the Sim setting and Vodafone account.,..

Have rebooted the phone this morning - but still no wifi calling, still says 'turn of flight mode' when I try to make a call in Airplaine mode + Wifi...

Ah well - never mind...

Do you have the VoWIFI symbol at the top? 

Just tested it and it now works in aeroplane mode.

Trying to think what else might need changing. 

Could try this, what I did after I spoke with Voda. 

Settings > WI-FI & Internet > SIM & Network > SIM 1 > Enhanced Communications > VoLTE and WI-FI Calling ....unselect and select again. 

Thanks  - tried unselect and reselect - still not helping.

Also tried changing 'Calling Preference' under the Wifi Calling - but not helping.

Did you get any SMS messages from Vodafone after you spoke to them and they enabled the features on the account? I think the guy might  have said something about confirmation message - but I cant be sure...

Thanks.

No, got nothing through from Voda. I just rebooted my phone ten minutes later and there it was.

I'm sorry to see you've bene unable to use our Wi-Fi calling service @harry66. As we'll need access to your account to help get this sorted for you, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

I'm glad to see you got your issue resolved @ArthurHucksake.

Thanks Mark.

Have followed the instructions in the PM.

Look forward to a solution.

I have very generously given my wife my old OnePlus 3T and moved her from O2 to Vodafone SIM Only (12 month contract). Does anyone know if the OnePlus 3T can register to VoWifi on Vodafone? Perhaps worthy of note my OnePlus 6T required a settings "hack" and I have completed the equivalent settings change (via *#800#) on the 3T. Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @harry66, one of the team will be in touch  as soon as we reach your message.

If the phone you've given your wife is on our Wi-Fi calling compatible phone list @danouk, you'll be able to get this added by calling 191 from the phone. 

Hi @Mark,

One of your support guys responded - but only to tell me that WiFi calling is not supported by Vodafone on the OnePlus 6 - so no real help to be honest.