Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

chistery
16: Advanced member

Vodafone were always going to say that, they don't officially support it. 

Are you on a normal fairly new monthly plan?

Thanks - thats what I figured - so not sure why Mark asked me to contact them?

Long term Vodafone Pay Monthly customer - current contract is around 8 months old..

Like I said - it would have been nice if it worked - but not a biggy.

UPDATE:

Ok, so as mentioned preivously, when I tried Airplane mode + WiFi on, I could NOT make a WiFi call - phone would ask me to disable flight mode.

However, a few days ago I was in an office block with poor Vodafone signal - but connected to the corporate WiFi.

When I received a phone call I thought I saw something about Wifi Calling popup on screen ...

And then I saw it again today in a different office block!

So, anyway, I tried the Airplane mode + WiFi enabled test and sure enough I was able to make a call!!

So - it appears that sometime between the 3rd of Jan and last week, the WiFi calling started working??

And before someone asks, I have not yet installed the latest OxygenOS 903 update...

Re airplane mode, why do you want to make and rexrece calls with airplane mode switched on? I enable airplane mode when I want my phone to be completely offlline and not disturbed. I also use it to preserve battery. What's the advantage of wifi calling in airplane mode Vs not in airplane mode?

By the way I got WiFi and VoLTE working on my Oneplus 3T this requires 'root' for the settings to persist after a reboot. Screenshot below shows the carrier settings within the OnePlus 3T firmware, open market options work with VodafonePDC.png

why do I want to make calls with airplane mode switched on?

I don't :Hmm_Face:- but that is what was suggested earlier in the thread as how to test if Wifi Calling is working...

chistery

airplane mode is a good way to test wifi calling without waiting for a bad signal. It should start working within minutes once in airplane mode with wifi on.

I understand now thanks, sure enough I got VoWiFi in the paradoxical airplane mode 😀

I have a Oneplus 5, set up wifi calling on sim and phone. Duel sim VF and 3.   3 works on wifi calling VF will not work ( asks to disable flight mode)  I have tried all permutations  of sim in out etc. Tried my VF sim in a Vodafone N9 PAYG mobile in a VF shop and it worked on wifi calling so it is not the sim or account settings, Any ideas?

Hi
I note the comment that someone has successfully achieved this on a 3T, was wondering if anybody has been successful with a 5T?
I have turned on VOLTE and Wi-Fi Calling using *#800# and tested in Airplane Mode with Wi-Fi on but no success for either.
Thanks

Had to turn off wifi calling, it was causing calls to drop if I was on hold for more than 15 minutes!