Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus Wifi Calling + VoLTE

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 and know that Wifi Calling + VoLTE is supported by the device.  The phone does not appear on the Vodafone list of compatible phones:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Is this because Vodafone chooses not to support the device or does the OnePlus 6 lack something that makes it incompatible with this Vodafone service?

I will be up for contract renewal soon and this will be a factor on wheter I stay or move to a network that supports this feature on my device.

Hopefully Vodafone staff frequent this forum.

110 REPLIES 110

chistery
16: Advanced member

You can also try enabling it with logkit. Details here.

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-enable-volte-and-vowifi-on-oneplus-7-pro/

chistery

Not a new SIM, you need the provisioning update sent from Vodafone to your SIM.

I think you can fix it yourself via the URL I posted. Let us know how it goes!

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-enable-volte-and-vowifi-on-oneplus-7-pro/

This method seems to have stopped working on OnePlus 6 and 6T.  I was trying this on my sisters phone who is with Vodafone.

It is with the latest stable 10.3.5 firmware.  Anyone with OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T managed to get this to work?  Service is enabled in the account under 'Services and extras'.

Hey @ABDULHAMID1978 check out our simple steps to add WiFi Calling to your services. If you're still struggling to add this, let us know and be be happy to help you further.

I have tried all this.  Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE are both enabled in settings.  Talking to customer service and live chat have been fruitless.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for checking that @ABDULHAMID1978. I appreciate you've spoken with us via webchat and other platforms but I would advise dropping us a message on social media so that we can check your account and make sure WiFi calling is active on your account 👍 

Make sure to include a link to this forum thread, your forum username and the mobile/account number.

Guess what, got the stock response from their social media support of the device is not supported.

As we don't stock or support this phone @ABDULHAMID1978, we're unable to guarantee it'll work with services such as WiFi Calling. If the steps in my previous message didn't help get you connected, we'll be unable to take this any further for you, I'm sorry for any confusion caused.

iainmann
9: Established

Is this major problem sorted yet?

I have a OnePlus Nord and can't get WiFi Calling to work.  Vodafone UK says OnePlus needs to update software. OnePlus says it's Vodafone to blame. 

Ridiculous....leaving customer in the middle. Major network...major manufacturer...major feature. 

So Vodafone, what's going on?

chistery

iainmann, have you followed the advice of downloading an older version of logkit and enabling it?