main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Oreo Release from Samsung Update

SOLVED
View solved solution
mitko9503
3: Seeker

Samsung have starter rolling out the Oreo update to the Galaxy S8 in the UK, some carriers such as EE started to push it out to their customers.  Does Vodafone have a relase date or a rough estimate to when they would start to push it to their customers?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mitko9503

Vodafone won't comment on any firmware release until it is available, please refer to the link below.

Firmware Statement

View solution in original position

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
AnnS

Hi @mitko9503

Vodafone won't comment on any firmware release until it is available, please refer to the link below.

Firmware Statement

View solution in original position

View more options
spencer24
4: Newbie

The Oreo firmware update hasn't started for the sim free varients in the UK yet. EE have not pushed it either. But looking at the firmware dates VF usually push an update roughly 1 month after the sim free version is pushed.  

View more options
63johnw

The update was pulled last week following issues with it but this from Trusted Reviews yesterday.

"Samsung has resumed the Android 8.0 rollout for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ after suspending the update last week.

The company was forced to put the Oreo update on hold after discovering an issue causing some devices to reboot unexpectedly.

Now, a week later, the latest major version of Android is hitting the flagship S8 and S8+ models in Germany.

SAM Mobile reports German users are receiving a different firmware versions (G950FXXU1CRB7 and G955XXU1CRB7), suggesting the fix is now in place.

Germany was one of the countries first to receive the update when it started to roll out earlier this month, along with France and Turkey.

We’ve yet to hear that any users in the US or the UK have received this 530MB update, but we’ll update this post if that changes."

View more options
john32
13: Advanced Member

The Oreo update is now available :Thumbs_Up:

Good luck

John

View more options
Uno28

Has anybody else lost the VOLTE and Wi-fi calling functions with the S8 Oreo update ?

i have lost both on my Vodafone supplied handset which is really disappointing as I used both functions on a regular basis 

View more options
spencer24

I still have volte not tried Wi-Fi calling yet

View more options
spencer24

Wi-Fi calling works fine for me 

View more options