Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20 Huawei EMUI update/fingerprint login/google pay

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

A couple of days ago I updated the Huawei android overlay to the latest versionand since then I have been unable to use fingerprint log in to my Nat West banking app (message says phone rooted or security settings changed) or use Google Pay (message says phone does not meet security standards).

Other apps, fingerprint log in to my credit card and store card apps, all seem to be fine.

Why do certain apps think that my phone has been rooted when all I've done is update to phone with the latest official software? It is a case that the individual apps need updating at their end ot be able to cope with the latest update?

I have reset mhy phone as well and uninstalling and reinstaling the apps, with no joy.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For the last couple of weeks Huawei have been saying they are working on an update to fix these issues. Anyway today I downloaded version 9.1.0.328 (a massive 4GB) and that indeed has solved the problem with the Nat West app and Google Pay, so hopefully that's it sorted.

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @SimonWilding   You would probably be best served using the feedback to the app developer on the Play store as I am guessing it's that app that needs updating as your other things seem to be working ok. 

SimonWilding

And now I've discovered that Netflix won't work either......... ##~## anyone else that has the option to update to the latest version of EMUI - DON'T!!!!!

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

So you have the option to rollback to the previous firmware @SimonWilding  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I can't find any option in the settings to do that, I've contacted Huawei to see if that's possible.

Looking at the Google pay issue, I think it's something to do with this, presumably some apps (Nat West/Netflix) use this to check suitability but others don't?

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

I have this exact same problem and it's caused by the recent OTA update to 9.1.0.311.  It seems that the build is not verified by google and thus if you Open Google Play Store, press on the three lines (top left), scroll down to settings and press on that I know get "Device is not certified".

I've contact Huawei and they're looking at the issue, but as my contract is with Vodafone I feel this needs to be sorted by yourselves as currently i'm left with a phone that doesn't do it's job.  Please help.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@russjcole - Please see here

@Gemma wrote:

@russjcole - Please see here

@Gemma- thanks for the message.  I think really this is perhaps just pointing out that this is a Vodafone problem?

I got my phone direct from Vodafone and it's the OTA update from the Vodafone Build for the EML-L09.  So perhaps Vodafone didn't follow the correct process with google to get that release certified?

How can I get help with this issue as it's causing me multiple problems with an expensive phone on an expensive contract.  What extra information do you need?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting back in touch @russjcole. I've taken a look around multiple Huawei forums and this seems to be an ongoing issue for many users, on various networks around the world - thanks for feeding this back to us though. 

hrym

I have a very basic Huawei tablet and the version of EMUI on that is pretty horrible, so I'm using the Google launcher instead.   There's no fingerprint reader of NFC (so no Google PAY), so I can't test this theory but I wonder what happens if you use a different launcher on a troublesome device?   Would it work, or are the security factors handled deeper in the system?