Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20 pro - WiFi problems

Mikeyclarke1988
1: Seeker

Hi. Having major issues with the WiFi on my p20 pro. Had it just over 2 months now and it's happened from day one. I initially thought it was my virgin broadband at home but that has since been fixed and all other devices run fine apart from my p20 pro. One minute it can be fine, the next a little exclamation mark comes next to it and the phone moves to 4g. This happens numerous times a day. If I click off WiFi and then back on, it will be fine for a while until it does it again. Has anyone had this problem? When I Google I see it might be an ongoing issue but iv tried all the fixes they say and the problem still persists. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

How does the phone perform if you try to connect to other sources of wifi such as a coffee shop or friends router etc @Mikeyclarke1988  ?

Some devices also prefer either 2.4ghz or 5ghz so splitting the frequencies in the router to these and choose one and then the other you may find it improves. 

Any Vodafone Highstreet Store can take a look and if necessary send it off under the 24 month manufacturing warranty as long as it shows no signs of a drop and none of the water indicators haven't been tripped.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for the reply. Not dropped it or got it wet etc. On 4g it's fine, will take it to a friend's place and try there WiFi. Every other device is fine on my network. Changing from 2.4 etc would that be done on my router? Thanks

Yes a person would split the frequencies in their home broadband router.

It may not be a fix but at least its something you can then rule out as well as trying to connect to another source of wifi.

Please let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I've had problems with 2.5/5mhz networks.   This is on an older HTC phone, not a P20, but it might be similar.   Going into wifi settings on the phone and turning off the power-saving option seems to have sorted it.

Hi thanks for the info. I can't seem to see this option in WiFi settings? 

hrym

It would depend on the implementation on your specific device.  On mine (HTC), as far as I remember, it's in the advanced settings.   It's possible Huawei simply don't have it, but it's worth rooting around (I don't mean rooting your device!)