Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20 sending pictures as a link

Ejou
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, New to android and looking for help. 

Whenever I send a picture via messages, it shows as a picture on my end but my gf (on IPhone) receives a link to share.vodafone.com.

I can't seem to figure out why or how to change it. 

Any advice ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ejou

On your message settings, you will see message +, when you click on this Rich Communications will come up. You need to make sure Message + is disabled.

Your call settings will also have call +.

This is fine when you send a message using Group Chat when receivers are also using Message +.

Hope this helps .

I can't see any settings by those names. Within messages I see the attached and withing settings > apps I see even less.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Ejou

Is both accounts provisioned for mms ?

And do both have good 3G Data signal. 

Customer services or Live Chat can provision your account for MMS if it needs that. 

Personally as MMS type sms texts have a restriction on the size of file that can be sent and that mms cost to send I use Facebook Messenger and email. 

Other options could be WhatsApp etc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It could be something simple like that. I've been on IPhone for 12 years so possibly been spoilt be iMessage and not realised it 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ejou You can find our support page on picture messaging (MMS) here

From what's been said above, it does sound like we may need to enable MMS on your account or that the person you're trying to send it to doesn't have it set up to receive them. 

If you'd like us to check your account on our end, feel free to contact our team using my private message 😊

If you send a lot of pictures via text, it may be worthwhile adding our 100 picture message extra, at £2.50 per month - obviously only when your MMS is working though! This can be added on your My Vodafone app or by texting MMS to 97886

I personally use third party apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat as it allows you to send them over an internet connection and therefore isn't chargeable. 

I am having the same issue. My friend who has an iPhone is just receiving a link when I send a photo or a gif via text..... I've reset the APN to default as advised, but still no luck! 

hrym

Do you have MMS provisioned on your account?  If you can successfully send pictures to other people, then you have.   Otherwise, call 191 and ask for the service to be turned on.   Because it's chargeable, it's usually off initially.