Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

Hi,

I too don't have that option, I  have actived WiFi Calling by text. I was wondering where the phone was purchased mine was CPW  Maybe a vodafone firmware? 

Would love to get this working.

63johnw
17: Community Champion

His was direct from a vodafone store.

Mine was direct from Vodafone - order placed over the 'phone.

Is he able to check in Settings >Wireless & networks > Mobile network and see if there are settings in there for VoLTE?

And also look in the dialler to see if there is an option to turn on Wi-fi calling?

Thanks.

63johnw

Will try and catch him tomorrow but there was nothing in the dialler settings when we looked on monday.

Spoke to Huawei today via live chat.

According to them,  Vodafone needs to active the  Wifi calling option, a firmware update is not required as  the fuction already exists on the phone awaiting activation.

Is that per phone, or globally ?

According to one poster a friend of theirs is using it, but clearly some of us (despite sending the SMS to Vodafone) cannot !  I'm just about to call Vodafone.

I think I have the solution - well, it's worked for me !  Another call to support (30 mins this time), being very insistent that it is a Vodafone issue, as they wanted me to contact Huawei as "all their settings were correct"!

I was able to refer to stewiebrown's post about his live chat with Huawei, saying that the phone was ready for Wi-fi calling and it was for Vodafone to set it.

During the three previous chats and one telephone call I was assured that my 'CALLING' text had been recieved and Wi-fi calling had definitely been activated. During this last call the operator kept pushing tech support to double-check everything and guess what - it had not been rolled out through the network. They reset it and it was there on the dialler (Wi-fi calling disabled -> set to enabled) within a minute.

So, if it isn't working for you after your text, then CALL support and suggest that they re-provision this facility.

Phew!

@steve928

Did you receive a text with the re-provision?  As been told one has been sent, but with the new system they are not alway received as texts  and I'll need to reboot the phone in half hour if no text received.

If not I'll get back onto them.

Thanks for your help.

I was told that I would, but I didn't get one.

I don't think that I even had to restart the phone - it was just there !

Did it  take long still waiting, unless I'm missing something take it just in setting?