Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

The girl I was speaking to said - they have re-provisioned it, you will now get a text.  As it happened I heard a text come in and said 'that sounds like it' - but looked and saw it wasn't!  We agreed to halt the call and I would call back in 30 mins if nothing received.  Well, I never did receive a text, but I went into the dialler (within about 2 mins) - looked at Settings -> Call Settings, and the first option was Wi-Fi calling, which I enabled.

You can also get to it via the main phone settings: 'Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Call Settings (then as above).

I think you really have to be pushy that if it's not showing, then the Wi-Fi Calling option cannot have been proliferated across their network.

Hi, been checking all my setting and and one strange thing is my phone number showing as unknown, also can you confirm your build number just incase there is a difference mine CLT-L09 8.1.0.103(782) Thanks again .

Mine is running 8.1.0.106(C432), but its not a PRO.

Mine also doesn't show the phone number - I tried several settings to change this but none worked.  As Wi-Fi calling is now working I don't think that it's important.

Despite the build number being different I still think that it's down to Vodafone not cascading your information across their network - obviously I can't be 100% sure, but that must be the best bet.  Maybe a chat with Huawei support about the build number to eliminate that as the cause ?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to take a closer look into this for you @stewiebrown and help to activate your Wi-Fi Calling.

So we can do this I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team - please follow the information provided and a member of our team will be in touch to help as soon as possible.

Hi Natasha, Ive completed the link as requested.

Hopefully received a fix shortly.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

My mate has the Pro, funnily we cannot find a toggle for it anywhere, it's not in any of the areas mentioned previously in dialler or main settings. 

After turning it in from the suggestion screen as shown earlier we cannot find any way to now toggle it.

It does work and the WiFi calling icon appears when using it.

Also he never sent the CALLING text to 97888 either !

Have a look in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Call Settings > WiFi calling.

@Dibs75 wrote:

Have a look in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Call Settings > WiFi calling.

Oh trust me I've looked in there many times with no success, there is clearly an issue that neither Vodafone nor Huawei seem to be able to fix right now. 

Screenshot_20180524-123106.jpg

Its really strange. I got the P20 Pro while I was still in contract with virgin, the contracts overlapped by a month. I started using my P20 pro with the virgin sim straight away and WiFi calling worked, and the settings totenable it were there. As soon as I switched to my Vodafone sim, the settings disappeared. 

Anyone else experienced that or similar?

@Orophine wrote:

Its really strange. I got the P20 Pro while I was still in contract with virgin, the contracts overlapped by a month. I started using my P20 pro with the virgin sim straight away and WiFi calling worked, and the settings totenable it were there. As soon as I switched to my Vodafone sim, the settings disappeared. 

Anyone else experienced that or similar?

Virgin runs on EE so the same happen to me with a sim swap as said previously believe it's a vodaVoda issue.