Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

Thanks to James Taylor at the dead  lock team I finally got my issue resoved . Unfortunately that ment me leaving Vodafone for another network. I would like to put on record James was the first person who provided  me with  .a decent customer experience. 

Yep, same, James Taylor offered the same resolution but I decided to stay because Sure Signal should sort out my troubles at home. Shame that it took weeks and so many failed call backs to resolve and hopefully Wi-Fi calling will be along at some point. 

Mods, anyway the positive feed back James is receiving can be feed back to him? He deserves to know. 

Liam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll certainly refer back to the adviser you'd spoken to, and also their manager, to make sure they're aware of the positive feed back 🙂

I totally understand your frustration, being told conflicting answers is extremely annoying. The website does look like it's part of the last bullet point but also could be meant for all handsets too, they could have just forgotten the space. I've always been told that third party phones are not compatible with WiFi Calling and I had first hand experience of this, my previous phone had the WiFi Calling function but because my phone was from CPW it just never worked, as soon as I got my new P20 Pro from Vodafone it worked straight away as was already activated on my account. The other problem could be people asking if their handset supports WiFi Calling and being told yes, all new phone have the function now but it doesn' mean that they can use it unless they have a Red plan and received the handset from Vodafone. I think they need to clarify it better on their website and tell people that although their phones support it doesn't mean they qualify to use it. I hope you can get clarity on this sooner rather than later. 

That list with supported phones mentioned earlier in this post is incomplete by the way, there is another list with more phones showing https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Callin...

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @stewiebrown one of our team will be in touch as soon as we reach your email.

I'll make sure this is fed back @Samtroll Thanks for pointing out the first list is incomplete.

No worries Mark  happy to help though 😎

Still no  help with and doubt Vodafone will get this sorted, going by Which latest report 😞  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43877267

Extremely disappointing that this isn't resolved for you yet.  I am very sure that it's the same issue that I had, and just needs one of their techies to properly check that the setup has been distributed round their network.

Yes, I did get it resolved in the end, but that was only after three chats and two calls - and I had to be fairly persistent on the last one that it WAS a Vodafone problem and nothing to do with the phone, or me not setting it up correctly.

Have you been into a retail shop?  Far less easy to dismiss someone face-to-face!