Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stewiebrown I've not been able to locate an email from you yet - were you able to follow the steps provided previously so that we can access your account?

If you've submitted your details to us and haven't yet received an automated response, please try the following steps when getting in touch with us:

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

You should then receive an automated email response from us with a reference number that we can check for you.

Sorry to jump on to this post but I'm having the same issue, been told WiFi calling settings have been pushed to my P20 Pro but nothing showing so far? .@Natasha 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for raising this with us @ATrolley - we'll be happy to help get Wi-Fi Calling set up on your phone.

Please follow the details provided in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch to discuss this further.

Hi Natasha, I've just been told by whoever runs your twitter feed that you do not support WiFi calling on the Huawei P20 Pro. Can you confirm or deny?

All done thank you Natasha

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've been given conflicting information @scook94. So we can take a look into this for you, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks for your update @ATrolley, one of the team will be in touch as soon as we reach your message.

Thanks Mark although very puzzled now as going on what I'm reading on here people are getting it working on their P20/P20 Pro

Yet I've just been told this via email?

[quote]I'm sorry to see you've been misadvised regarding the Wi-Fi calling option. I've taken a look into the Huawei P20 Pro's compatibility for Wi-Fi calling on our network. However, I can confirm the P20 Pro is not compatible/available for Wi-Fi calling on Vodafone.[/quote]

so which is it? I mean I spent about an hour on the phone to your Indian tech team who were pretty certain it should work and even talked me through the settings I needed to choose.

Just to clear this up the P20pro is not yet on the supported list. However certain firmware  I believe C432 will support wfi calling on Vodafone. Why Vodafone can’t admit this to make eveyone life easier i dont know. That for them to answer. So if your not on that firmware Id give up until the phones added to the list. Thats unless you want to waste you life trying to get this sorted. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ATrolley - I understand that there’s been some confusion around if it’s compatible or not. Wi-Fi Calling isn’t available for the P20 yet. As soon as we’ve any updates, we’ll add it to the list here.

@gemma not meaning any disrespect, but it has been proven that WiFi calling dose work with  P20PRO, So I presume being a techie you would know this and as a consumer of you product it doesn't seem fair that its a lottery, being lucky  enough to get through to the right technical support person to  reslove this  matter, while you put two fingers up at the rest of us. Could you not at least find the support person who actived WiFi calling for others in this thread and then use their knowledge to reslove this issue for everyone.?