Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

It is available on the P20 and I have it working on my P20 - I don't know about the P20PRO, but someone else posted that they had it working on one of those too.

You have to go back to my second post - 16th post on page 1 - to understand how it was solved for me.  Essentially it was me being persistent with one of the support people in the small business section, and her being persistent with the techie that she had on another line.  As @stewiebrown says, we just need to track down one or both of these individuals and get them to repeat the magic for everyone else!

I had an update a few days ago and my build number is now - 8.1.0.110(C432) - and it's still working!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, just to confirm that all of the current P20's are Wi-Fi Calling compatible. If you're experiencing any problems achieving this, then do please let us know. We'll be more than happy to look into it. 

@Adam will mines still not working. Take  it you can get this resolved for me??? As no one else has been able too,  I'll look forward to hearing from you shortly with your fix.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear your Wi-Fi calling still isn't working @stewiebrown and @ATrolley. Reply back to our last email and we'll pick up our investigation from there again, to help get you up and running.

Done thank you :Smiling: hopefully will get to the bottom of this. 

Done,hopefully this can get sorted once and for all.. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your updates @stewiebrown and @ATrolley. One of the team will be in touch as soon as we reach your messages.

Can I be looped in to the fix for this please?

I have two huawei P20s on separate accounts, have sent the text to 97888 and had the confirmation text that it is set up with nothing appearing in the settings after a restart. Contacted support from the My Vodafone app and had another confirmation that it would be set up after a restart, but nothing appeared in the settings again. This time the app now has the option to switch on Wifi Calling, and it has the start date of the 10th, but again nothing appears in the Call Settings on the phone. Where am I going wrong?

I really don't think Vodafone know what they are doing, Adam the moderator  clear stated in his post that all  P20 are compatible with WiFi calling. I've senice been informed to try everything Ive previously tried and still have no option for WiFi calling.  There must be a fix and Adam if your reading this could u reply with it??? Or at least let me know if you were telling porkies 😆 

Yep same here, been asked to text CALLING again, check settings, etc, have now sent screenshot of current firmware to see if that helps matters, don't see how it will as I've not had an update since the time I got the phone.  

Thing is that WiFi calling works with Three on this firmware as I have an old SIM card and it's fine.