Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

Moderators may I also have some help please?

Direct from vf, build 107 (c432) 

@deezle thanks for the info. Whether from Vodafone or say CPW it should work. A phone should not need to be locked to a network. I'm on C782 110 in terms of FW/phone

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Of course @DavM, we'll be more than happy to investigate your Wi-Fi calling too. I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

So basically, Vodafone support have advised contacting local store or Huawei direct.  

I've previously spoken with Huawei who say there is nothing they can do their end, and the Vodafone store also had no solution either. 

Spoken with Mobiles/CPW regarding this and they say there is nothing they can do and to speak with Huawei.  So i'm stuck in a 24 month contract with a phone that should be able to but is unable to provide all network services. 

@ATrolley If you really want to push it your next step  would be that CPW have sold you a phone thats not fit for purpose.

If Vodafone can't sort this, that's my next port of call. But will require Vodafone to confirm they don't have a solution and thier network doesn't support WiFi calling with the build of phone we've been sold. 

@stewiebrown is correct.

Your contract is with CPW or, if you went direct to Vodafone (as I did), with Vodafone.  It is not your responsibility to research the solution from Huawei or anyone else - no matter how tempting it is to do this to get the matter resolved.

You have been supplied a phone that does not do what it was advertised to do - full stop.  For a change, I seem to be the lucky one who had the right build for it to work....but only after I had expended a LOT of effort.

However, they still mislead me (as a business customer) re the Bose headphones, and I am initially persuing this via the Communications Ombudsman.  That will be followed by the Small Claims Court if necessary.

Whatever happens in your case, this may be a route you may want to go down - I think the Ombudsman will be amazed at the number of posts on this topic which have promised help, but to no effect!

So received the 110 update last night, no change regarding Wifi calling. 

Mobiles.co.uk are now stating that they don't offer it as part of the contract and cannot guarantee the phones will work with it.  I've pointed out that the contract I purchased should include it natively and that I didn't buy half a contract from them.  Their stance seems pretty much "Not our problem"

"Hi David, unfortunately, the handset isn't compatible as the handset does not come with the required firmware, we do apologise. WiFi calling isn't something we offer or advertise with handsets sold"

Unfortunatley I think I will be looking to take this further and hopefully cancelling the contract, as this is certainly not the experience I was hoping to get after changing to Vodafone after many trouble free years with Three. 

Mods this is now becoming more than frustrating. I've now received another email telling me go to a  store for help for a 3rd time. Do you customer service staff not read the notes on the file. 

I don't see why I should explain this again and again. Please can you provide me with your full complaint's procedure as fill I now have no other choice but to escalate this matter. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @stewiebrown & @ATrolley I appreciate it's really frustrating not having the ability to get Wi-Fi Calling, if the phone was purchased directly from us, the phones should have the capability to use Wi-Fi Calling. I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch.