Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

Has there  been any updates on this? Been waiting  for nearly 2 weeks now. Have to say the service I'm receiving is appalling. 

@stewiebrown wrote:

Has there  been any updates on this? Been waiting  for nearly 2 weeks now. Have to say the service I'm receiving is appalling. 

Think I will be giving till the end of the month before I head back in to a store and request something be done about this.  It will be close on to 2 months since receiving the phone and the WiFi calling not being functional at all with no resolution in sight. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stewiebrown @ATrolley I can see that we've received your emails regarding Wi-Fi Calling with the P20.

Our team are continuing to investigate this with the manufacturer and we really appreciate your patience while we look into this. Any updates that we receive will be posted on this thread.

@Tash wrote:

@stewiebrown @ATrolley I can see that we've received your emails regarding Wi-Fi Calling with the P20.

Our team are continuing to investigate this with the manufacturer and we really appreciate your patience while we look into this. Any updates that we receive will be posted on this thread.

Thank you Natasha, lets assume there is no resolution to this issue within the next month or so, what can we realistically expect to happen? As the WiFi calling aspect is actually quite important to me as where I work is quite a dead spot for all networks and I use the buildings WiFi to keep connection and previously for calls. 

@ATrolley wrote:

@Tash wrote:

Thank you Natasha, lets assume there is no resolution to this issue within the next month or so, what can we realistically expect to happen? As the WiFi calling aspect is actually quite important to me as where I work is quite a dead spot for all networks and I use the buildings WiFi to keep connection and previously for calls. 

I'd be very interested to know too. As starting this thread you must realise this is very important to me. I also like to add  through trail and friends phone  I note wifi calling is attived on all other network with this  build,  EE enable the function straight away on sim swap and have seen both 3 and 02 phones on the same build C782 working all non network banded. phone. 

For info to all.

I've just had a second firmware update - now 8.1.0.120(C432) . Wi-fi calling is still working for me but I'm now actually getting a notification that it is operational:

"Vodafone WiFi  Call enabled"

That's the first time I've had that. I'm hoping that maybe this is being rolled out to everyone, including those on the non-working firmware.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to see your issues taking longer than expected to resolve @ATrolley. If you've contacted us via the link in @Adam's private message, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

@Mark wrote:

I'm sorry to see your issues taking longer than expected to resolve @ATrolley. If you've contacted us via the link in @Adam's private message, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

My latest reference number on the emails I'm in reply to is #18585655 

Now getting close to 2 months without full required functionality.  I'm constantly missing calls in the office due to this and with the term break now this is more important than ever. The phone is constantly flitting between 0-1 bar signal and I'm coming back to about 3 answer phone messages a day once I finally do get some. 

Well that just about sums it all up. 

Emailed the support again today asking for an update (9 days since last heard from them) get a notification of a missed call (due to no signal it never actually rang) call them back and it's the sales team trying to sell me Broadband..........

You couldn't make this stuff up! 

@ATrolley wrote:

Well that just about sums it all up. 

Emailed the support again today asking for an update (9 days since last heard from them) get a notification of a missed call (due to no signal it never actually rang) call them back and it's the sales team trying to sell me Broadband..........

You couldn't make this stuff up! 

Seems to me  once they've taken your money signed you up to a 24 month contract they don't give a sh*te. The whole thing is a joke.