Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

@Orophine wrote:

Its really strange. I got the P20 Pro while I was still in contract with virgin, the contracts overlapped by a month. I started using my P20 pro with the virgin sim straight away and WiFi calling worked, and the settings totenable it were there. As soon as I switched to my Vodafone sim, the settings disappeared. 

Anyone else experienced that or similar?

Virgin runs on EE so the same happen to me with a sim swap as said previously believe it's a vodaphone ssue.

@Orophine wrote:

Its really strange. I got the P20 Pro while I was still in contract with virgin, the contracts overlapped by a month. I started using my P20 pro with the virgin sim straight away and WiFi calling worked, and the settings totenable it were there. As soon as I switched to my Vodafone sim, the settings disappeared. 

Anyone else experienced that or similar?

Yes my first sim card in the phone was with the Three network with WiFi calling working, switched to Vodafone and nothing.  I assume you also got your phone from Carphone Warehouse/Mobiles.co.uk it seems the phones they have supplied are the issue. 

@ATrolley wrote:

Yes my first sim card in the phone was with the Three network with WiFi calling working, switched to Vodafone and nothing.  I assume you also got your phone from Carphone Warehouse/Mobiles.co.uk it seems the phones they have supplied are the issue. 

Yes, mine was from mobiles.co.uk. From what I'm reading it does seem that it's their phones that have the issues.

CPW have supplied us phones with a UK build, the same 3 uses, Vodafone WiFi calling seems to only support the European  build, strange a UK mobile network  operator can't support a UK  build. 

@stewiebrown wrote:

CPW have supplied us phones with a UK build, the same 3 uses, Vodafone WiFi calling seems to only support the European  build, strange a UK mobile network  operator can't support a UK  build. 

Ok, so I take it the Vodafone support guys on their live chat system aren't going to be able to sort it. I've contacted them twice and they promised to send an "update" out to my phone. They said it would take 24 to 48 hours and i'd receive a notification when it was done. So far not had any notifications and its been over 24 hours.

I presume others on here have been through the same routine and had no joy as well. 

Are Vodafone actively working on fixing this?

If your P20 is not some flavour of build C432 - highly unlikely to impossible that anyone at Vodafone (let alone someone on chat) will be able to help you.  I was very fortunate that I purchased mine direct from Vodafone and it now works (but even that needed multiple chats and calls to Vodafone),  but it's those with a P20 from CPW who seem to be the ones who are not being helped.

Vodafone say that they are investigating and in discussions with Huawei, but this has been going on since the day the phone was released - don't hold your breath!

@Steve928 wrote:

If your P20 is not some flavour of build C432 - highly unlikely to impossible that anyone at Vodafone (let alone someone on chat) will be able to help you.  I was very fortunate that I purchased mine direct from Vodafone and it now works (but even that needed multiple chats and calls to Vodafone),  but it's those with a P20 from CPW who seem to be the ones who are not being helped.

Vodafone say that they are investigating and in discussions with Huawei, but this has been going on since the day the phone was released - don't hold your breath!

Yes mine has the C782 build. You would have thought the build for Europe and the UK would be similar. Its a bizzare and very frustrating situation. 

No sure where to go now,

spent  an age on the phone trying to get this sorted, been told they can't do anything and WiFi Calling not supported on P20PRO. Tried refering to this post and didn't seem intrested.😞

I share your grief.  Obviously it IS supported - would you believe that I was initially told that these phones had not be released yet !!

I was really lucky with the operator I spoke to - a couple of times I was given reasons why she couldn't help further, 'sorry', but when I explained why what she was suggesting couldn't be right she went back again to tech support.  I did make it clear that I specifically purchased the P20 as it WAS Wi-Fi capable, and if they were now telling me that it couldn't be used in that mode then I would have to cancel the contract as I need that facility.

My backstop solution was to go into a Vodafone shop. I have no idea if they can help, but it's less easy to tell someone that you can't help them when they are standing in front of you with the phone in hand - and you can always have a hard-copy of this discussion with you too!

Otherwise it's a case of trying again with another help-desk person - I called the 03333 number, but mine is a business phone so I got transferred to the small business team.

WiFi Calling is only available to Vodafone Red customers and the headset has to come from Vodafone. I am a Red customer and got my P20 Pro from Vodafone and WiFi Calling is working. See screenshot.