Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

@stewiebrown wrote:

@ATrolley

Seems to me  once they've taken your money signed you up to a 24 month contract they don't give a sh*te. The whole thing is a joke.

Well after a TWO HOUR live chat, I've now raised a complaint as my last email from support stated the following

We understand this has been a long running issue and currently Huawei do not support Wi-Fi calling on the Vodafone network if the phone as been purchased for any other source that Vodafone directly.

We are in discussion with Huawei to have this amended but at the moment we cannot provide an accurate timescale for this to be done.

Given that I need WiFi calling due to almost zero signal where I work, I can't keep this contract with the indefinite hope of a solution, but surprise surprise I'm obviously outside of my 30 day cooling off period. Even though the issue was brought up well inside that time. I will await the call from the complaints department with their solution as the quoted £414.50 early termination fee is a joke. 

Good luck I'm going to start my complaint shortly. Maybe another option would be for VP to swap your hand set to a compatible build. As said previously why all the other network can get WiFi calling work on this build and VP can't is totally beond me. Keep us informed how you get on.

@ATrolley wrote:

@stewiebrown wrote:

@ATrolley

Seems to me  once they've taken your money signed you up to a 24 month contract they don't give a sh*te. The whole thing is a joke.

Well after a TWO HOUR live chat, I've now raised a complaint as my last email from support stated the following

We understand this has been a long running issue and currently Huawei do not support Wi-Fi calling on the Vodafone network if the phone as been purchased for any other source that Vodafone directly.

We are in discussion with Huawei to have this amended but at the moment we cannot provide an accurate timescale for this to be done.

Given that I need WiFi calling due to almost zero signal where I work, I can't keep this contract with the indefinite hope of a solution, but surprise surprise I'm obviously outside of my 30 day cooling off period. Even though the issue was brought up well inside that time. I will await the call from the complaints department with their solution as the quoted £414.50 early termination fee is a joke. 

Hope you get it sorted and I'd be interested to know the outcome. My reception probably isn't as bad as yours but I don't like paying for a service that I can't receive. Especially when the phone itself is perfectly capable of WiFi calling.

@stewiebrown wrote:

Good luck I'm going to start my complaint shortly. Maybe another option would be for VP to swap your hand set to a compatible build. As said previously why all the other network can get WiFi calling work on this build and VP can't is totally beond me. Keep us informed how you get on.

Sadly not possible as I requested that too

If you're outwith the 30-day cooling off period you may be subject to early termination fees if you want to cancel the contract.  Swapping the handset for one in store is not an option as this isn't a device you purchased from us.

I'll obviously keep all you guys updated with the outcome as none of us should have to accept this situation, the phone is WiFi calling enabled, we purchased a contract with WiFi calling with this phone being compatible. What was failed to be mentioned was that it had to be purchased direct.  Only now have they come forward and told us that part. 

Update, loged my complaint yesterday had a phone call at 8 am this morning even though I requested afternoon. Went  through everything I'd previously been asked to try, still no luck no suprised there. 😡😡Been told it's now been passed up the chain. What have vodafone been doing for the past two weeks?😫😫😫 Promised a call back Tuesday I feel this is going to go all the way to the regulator. As can't see vodafone resolving this!!! 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm glad to see your problem is being addressed to the best team @stewiebrown. Please let us know how you get on with this, we'll be happy to chase this up if you haven't heard back shortly. 

@stewiebrown wrote:

Update, loged my complaint yesterday had a phone call at 8 am this morning even though I requested afternoon. Went  through everything I'd previously been asked to try, still no luck no suprised there. 😡😡Been told it's now been passed up the chain. What have vodafone been doing for the past two weeks?😫😫😫 Promised a call back Tuesday I feel this is going to go all the way to the regulator. As can't see vodafone resolving this!!! 

Did you get your call back? 

Never got mine so called myself, Vodafone have agreed to cancel the remaining airtime. BUT claim they can't do so and that the phone needs returning to mobiles.co.uk (I paid £250 up front so unsure where I stand with this) and they need to make the request, they've put notes on my account etc.  So I call mobiles and they flatly refuse to cancel it even though I explain that VF are willing as a gesture of good will.  Mobiles claim I should have contacted them in the first instance and they would have confirmed that the WiFi calling was not funcitonal.  

So then I put a Tweet up and get even more confused by mobiles.co.uk response.  So I will attempt to contact them again today and see what's going on.  

I mean, are they allowing Vodafone to end the contract and it's all over or what?

Capture.PNG

I received a call yesterday from VF they have  escalated my complaint and I should hear in the next seven days. I cant see your Twitter post as its not showing.

@stewiebrown wrote:

I received a call yesterday from VF they have  escalated my complaint and I should hear in the next seven days. I cant see your Twitter post as its not showing.

Strange it's only now escalated 

https://twitter.com/DaveP2611/status/1004252303354941440

That's the latest from mobiles, saying they cannot authorise a return, but if Vodafone are happy to cancel the airtime then all well and good.  I'm awaiting confirmation regarding what happens with the handset. 

I never previously had a reply from the tech department, so logged a complaint they went  through the same old stuff last Saturday then had a call yesterday asking if the tech department had been in touch. I then ask for a deadlock letter as the issue has still not been relovsed. I  now have to wait the seven day for Vf to reslove or give me the letter to go to the regulator. 

From what CWP have said your should be able to get vf to let you out of your contact.