Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

@mattyboy wrote:

WiFi Calling is only available to Vodafone Red customers and the headset has to come from Vodafone. I am a Red customer and got my P20 Pro from Vodafone and WiFi Calling is working. See screenshot. 

Sorry to correct you and  I take it you’ve not read the whole tread?? As if you had you’d see that the mods have confirm that the handset doesn’t have to be purchased from Vodafone and I’m on the red traff.   Please can you check you  facts in future. Thanks. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As advised by Josh @stewiebrown. If you've been waiting for more than seven days for our deadlock team to contact you, please reply to our latest email and we'll be in touch.

@Mark wrote:

As advised by Josh @stewiebrown. If you've been waiting for more than seven days for our deadlock team to contact you, please reply to our latest email and we'll be in touch.

Mark not being funny but again it's the little bit of miss information. Josh advise 7 working day and your call center advisors and you state 7 days which is it? 

I was told that information by Vodafone so took that as fact. Was only sharing what I had been told. Sorry for trying to help, I'll mind my own business next time. 

Mattyboy, thanks for trying to help but didn't get your screenshot there. Fevers are running high because every time one of us contacts Vodafone we're told something different and we've been waiting for weeks for promised replies.

I'm guessing you're referring to the part of their website below where it states for their OWN MODEL handsets they must be purchased from Vodafone. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

@mattyboy wrote:

I was told that information by Vodafone so took that as fact. Was only sharing what I had been told. Sorry for trying to help, I'll mind my own business next time. 

Not trying to be funny and I totally believe VF told you that, That’s the whole point they seem to tell people what they fancy at time. Take it you’ve not read the whole tread and if you had you’d understand my frustration. I’ve spent 10 weeks trying to this sorted and been provide with so much conflicting information.  Makes Vodafone look like a tin pot company not a multinational. Surely they have procedures and practices and know there products and what they can support and not. Which is rolled out to all advisors. Not the service I’ve received which  seem to be make it up as you go along.

Mattyboy, thanks for trying to help but didn't get your screenshot there. Fevers are running high because every time one of us contacts Vodafone we're told something different and we've been waiting for weeks for promised replies.

I'm guessing you're referring to the part of their website below where it states for their OWN MODEL handsets they must be purchased from Vodafone. 

vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Their OWN website states what I said was correct so either your being told wrong info or they need to update their website. Pic included, read the bottom paragraph in brackets. 

Mattyboy, thanks for trying to help but fevers are running high because every time one of us contacts Vodafone we're told something different and we've been waiting for weeks for promised replies. It took me contacting them six times to finally be told that Wi-Fi calling isn't available on third party handsets.

You refer to the part of their website where it states for their OWN MODEL handsets they must be purchased from Vodafone. It's part of the last bullet point, not a separate note. There's not even a full stop or capital letter.