Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

Take a look on page 3 your see I believe what your saying is correct however was corrected by Adam a Vodafone mod, I'd also been told in store and by online advisors my phone support WiFi calling, Not sue of the date of the document you have but maybe they have added  recently,  As if they'd advise me this correcly at the time I would have be able to return my phone as was within cooling off period. A tin pot company as said. 

@stewiebrown wrote:

Take a look on page 3 your see I believe what your saying is correct however was corrected by Adam a Vodafone mod, I'd also been told in store and by online advisors my phone support WiFi calling, Not sue of the date of the document you have but maybe they have added  recently,  As if they'd advise me this correcly at the time I would have be able to return my phone as was within cooling off period. A tin pot company as said. 

Yep this was my stance which eventually got me out the contract and the phone not needing to be returned. As soon as I was told this I pushed the point home that had I been told at the time of the problem I would have walked away then. 

Capture.PNG

The annoying thing is that the phone does still physically support it, I've now put a Three SIM in there and have the WiFi calling option available. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I’m sorry for the confusion on this thread. I’d like to confirm what the current situation is.

Some Huawei P20 and P20 Pro phones that aren’t directly from us, don’t have the supported software for Wi-Fi Calling.

An update is on its way from the manufacturer. There isn’t a timescale at the moment of when.

If there’s anyone who’s had the phone directly from us and aren’t able to use Wi-Fi Calling, then please let us know.

@Gemma wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I’m sorry for the confusion on this thread. I’d like to confirm what the current situation is.

Some Huawei P20 and P20 Pro phones that aren’t directly from us, don’t have the supported software for Wi-Fi Calling.

An update is on its way from the manufacturer. There isn’t a timescale at the moment of when.

If there’s anyone who’s had the phone directly from us and aren’t able to use Wi-Fi Calling, then please let us know.

Thanks for the update but believe your wording is incorrect? Should it not be some P20 and P20 pro are that are purchased from other retailers are not currently compatible with  WiFi calling on the Vodafone network ? Believe/Know they work with every other UK network that offers WiFi callling. If you have evidence to prove otherwise please let me know. 

@stewiebrown wrote:

@Gemma wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the update but believe your wording is incorrect? Should it not be s ome P20 and P20 pro are that are prchase from other retailers are not currently compatible with  WiFi calling on the Vodafone net work? Believe/Know they work with every other UK network that offers WiFi callling. If you have evidence to prove otherwise please let me know. 

It should say exactly that as the 'Vodafone' P20 Pro I purchased via Mobiles.co.uk now has this option with a 3 SIM card

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-08 at 16.54.56.jpeg

The problem I have is that this information was not available before I joined your network (even took a few contacts to your teams) and there is no timescale for a fix.

Still no deadlock letter or other form of contact from your customer services or deadlocking teams. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@colinjward I'm sorry to hear you haven't received any further correspondence regarding your Deadlock Letter. Has our Customer Relations team left you with their direct number to contact them in regards to your complaint?

New to this forum but having acquired the P20 Pro from mobiles.co.uk with specific assurances WiFi Calling would work and indeed in writing from Vodafone 'chat'

"Do I need to purchase the phone from Vodafone for WifI calling to work...I am thinking of buying the Huawei P20 Pro from a 3rd party retailer (mobiles.co.uk

Andrea

at 9:07, Jun 26:

No, You do not have to buy it directly from Vodafone (You can surely get it from 3rd party retailer ((mobiles.co.u

It is a handset feature, So you will surely be able to use it whether the phone is purchased from Vodafone directly OR from 3rd party retailer ((mobiles.co.uk )."

So now I find WiFi Calling doesnt work and need it as am in a poor signal area.

Having read all of this thread it looks like my handset build number C782 is not compatible.

So unless a moderator can give me assurances this situation will be resolved the phone is going back and contract cancelled

I've resolved my complaint because I was offered a free Sure Signal and a credit.