Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

P20PRO wificalling

stewiebrown
4: Newbie

Hi anyone know if WiFi Calling will work with the P20PRO and if not will it be activated shortly

Thanks for any info,

Stew

189 REPLIES 189

s2t
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having been assured by CPW (mobiles.co.uk) and Vodafone (in writing) that WiFi Calling would work on my P20Pro, even asking Vodafone does the phone need to be bought from you ...see below

Steve: Do I need to purchase the phone from Vodafone for WifI calling to work...I am thinking of buying the Huawei P20 Pro from a 3rd party retailer (mobiles.co.uk
Andrea:

No, You do not have to buy it directly from Vodafone (You can surely get it from 3rd party retailer ((mobiles.co.uk) It is a handset feature, So you will surely be able to use it whether the phone is purchased from Vodafone directly OR from 3rd party retailer ((mobiles.co.uk)

Of course I now find I have C782 model and despite Vodafone sending messages to enable it hasnt because "I haven't bought the phone direct from Vodafone)

So on Vodafones website for WiFi Calling there is no indication you MUST purchase this model direct from Vodafone.

Of course I am not alone reading this thread, we have bought a premium phone in good faith and find that a key function for those in a poor reception area virtually have a redundant piece of plastic. Can someone please give an indication when the fix will be available

Steve

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@s2t Devices purchased through a third party currently don't offer Wi-Fi Calling. I can assure you that this is being looked into, however at this stage I wouldn't be able to provide you with a definite answer to whether this will be available in the future. 

I do apologise for any misinformation which has previously been provided. 

Hi, I also have this problem with a phone bought from CPW. Noting the above response has there been any update? My phone is on build C782

I am within my 14 days so will be returning to mobiles.co.uk if I cant get this sorted :Sad_face:

We started this thread at the beginning of April!!!  I can't believe that it's still going on and people are apparently not being told about the situation.

If you have a phone via a contract DIRECTLY with Vodafone, then it can be set up - although even that can be tortuous!

If you have a phone puchased via a third party (e.g. CPW), then it will NOT work.

From what I have seen, people in this latter group have been cancelling their contracts.

I suggest a browse through at least the last few pages of messages on this thread to understand what these individuals have done to 'resolve' the problem.

In a surprise move Vodafone are going to try and push out the right software version.... I don't have much hope given the run around I've had from their tech support, but who knows

Let me know if it works

That is a surprise, as it was previously dismissed as an option.

I hope that it works for those of you on build C782, but I equally hope that it doesn't do anything to those of us already on C432...........

After talking to Huawei they advised they've had a lot of calls with this issue but only from Voda customers and recommended I test a different networks sim - I tried my 3 sim and wifi calling was available in settings.... I've called Vodafone again and explained this.... They're getting back to me, but my hopes are quite low since these phone clls back and forth have gone on 3 days, at least now I can prove its a Voda provisioning issue

I guess a possible answer is resellers get different SIM's than direct customers and maybe a SIM change with one they supply will fix this - will run this by them