main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

P20PRO wificalling

Highlighted
4: Newbie

The girl I was speaking to said - they have re-provisioned it, you will now get a text.  As it happened I heard a text come in and said 'that sounds like it' - but looked and saw it wasn't!  We agreed to halt the call and I would call back in 30 mins if nothing received.  Well, I never did receive a text, but I went into the dialler (within about 2 mins) - looked at Settings -> Call Settings, and the first option was Wi-Fi calling, which I enabled.

You can also get to it via the main phone settings: 'Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Call Settings (then as above).

I think you really have to be pushy that if it's not showing, then the Wi-Fi Calling option cannot have been proliferated across their network.

View more options
Highlighted

No sure where to go now,

spent  an age on the phone trying to get this sorted, been told they can't do anything and WiFi Calling not supported on P20PRO. Tried refering to this post and didn't seem intrested.😞

View more options
Highlighted

I share your grief.  Obviously it IS supported - would you believe that I was initially told that these phones had not be released yet !!

I was really lucky with the operator I spoke to - a couple of times I was given reasons why she couldn't help further, 'sorry', but when I explained why what she was suggesting couldn't be right she went back again to tech support.  I did make it clear that I specifically purchased the P20 as it WAS Wi-Fi capable, and if they were now telling me that it couldn't be used in that mode then I would have to cancel the contract as I need that facility.

My backstop solution was to go into a Vodafone shop. I have no idea if they can help, but it's less easy to tell someone that you can't help them when they are standing in front of you with the phone in hand - and you can always have a hard-copy of this discussion with you too!

Otherwise it's a case of trying again with another help-desk person - I called the 03333 number, but mine is a business phone so I got transferred to the small business team.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, been checking all my setting and and one strange thing is my phone number showing as unknown, also can you confirm your build number just incase there is a difference mine CLT-L09 8.1.0.103(782) Thanks again .

View more options
Highlighted

Mine is running 8.1.0.106(C432), but its not a PRO.

Mine also doesn't show the phone number - I tried several settings to change this but none worked.  As Wi-Fi calling is now working I don't think that it's important.

Despite the build number being different I still think that it's down to Vodafone not cascading your information across their network - obviously I can't be 100% sure, but that must be the best bet.  Maybe a chat with Huawei support about the build number to eliminate that as the cause ?

View more options
Highlighted

We'd like to take a closer look into this for you @stewiebrown and help to activate your Wi-Fi Calling.

So we can do this I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team - please follow the information provided and a member of our team will be in touch to help as soon as possible.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

My mate has the Pro, funnily we cannot find a toggle for it anywhere, it's not in any of the areas mentioned previously in dialler or main settings. 

After turning it in from the suggestion screen as shown earlier we cannot find any way to now toggle it.

It does work and the WiFi calling icon appears when using it.

Also he never sent the CALLING text to 97888 either !

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Natasha, Ive completed the link as requested.

Hopefully received a fix shortly.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

That list with supported phones mentioned earlier in this post is incomplete by the way, there is another list with more phones showing https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Callin...

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the update @stewiebrown one of our team will be in touch as soon as we reach your email.

I'll make sure this is fed back @Samtroll Thanks for pointing out the first list is incomplete.

View more options
Highlighted

No worries Mark  happy to help though 😎

View more options
Highlighted

Still no  help with and doubt Vodafone will get this sorted, going by Which latest report 😞  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43877267

View more options
Highlighted

Extremely disappointing that this isn't resolved for you yet.  I am very sure that it's the same issue that I had, and just needs one of their techies to properly check that the setup has been distributed round their network.

Yes, I did get it resolved in the end, but that was only after three chats and two calls - and I had to be fairly persistent on the last one that it WAS a Vodafone problem and nothing to do with the phone, or me not setting it up correctly.

Have you been into a retail shop?  Far less easy to dismiss someone face-to-face!

View more options
Highlighted

@stewiebrown I've not been able to locate an email from you yet - were you able to follow the steps provided previously so that we can access your account?

If you've submitted your details to us and haven't yet received an automated response, please try the following steps when getting in touch with us:

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

You should then receive an automated email response from us with a reference number that we can check for you.

View more options
Highlighted

Sorry to jump on to this post but I'm having the same issue, been told WiFi calling settings have been pushed to my P20 Pro but nothing showing so far? .@Natasha 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for raising this with us @ATrolley - we'll be happy to help get Wi-Fi Calling set up on your phone.

Please follow the details provided in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch to discuss this further.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Natasha, I've just been told by whoever runs your twitter feed that you do not support WiFi calling on the Huawei P20 Pro. Can you confirm or deny?

View more options
Highlighted

All done thank you Natasha

View more options
Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear you've been given conflicting information @scook94. So we can take a look into this for you, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks for your update @ATrolley, one of the team will be in touch as soon as we reach your message.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks Mark although very puzzled now as going on what I'm reading on here people are getting it working on their P20/P20 Pro

Yet I've just been told this via email?

[quote]I'm sorry to see you've been misadvised regarding the Wi-Fi calling option. I've taken a look into the Huawei P20 Pro's compatibility for Wi-Fi calling on our network. However, I can confirm the P20 Pro is not compatible/available for Wi-Fi calling on Vodafone.[/quote]

so which is it? I mean I spent about an hour on the phone to your Indian tech team who were pretty certain it should work and even talked me through the settings I needed to choose.

View more options