main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

P20PRO wificalling

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Just to clear this up the P20pro is not yet on the supported list. However certain firmware  I believe C432 will support wfi calling on Vodafone. Why Vodafone can’t admit this to make eveyone life easier i dont know. That for them to answer. So if your not on that firmware Id give up until the phones added to the list. Thats unless you want to waste you life trying to get this sorted. 

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

@ATrolley - I understand that there’s been some confusion around if it’s compatible or not. Wi-Fi Calling isn’t available for the P20 yet. As soon as we’ve any updates, we’ll add it to the list here.

View more options
Highlighted

@gemma not meaning any disrespect, but it has been proven that WiFi calling dose work with  P20PRO, So I presume being a techie you would know this and as a consumer of you product it doesn't seem fair that its a lottery, being lucky  enough to get through to the right technical support person to  reslove this  matter, while you put two fingers up at the rest of us. Could you not at least find the support person who actived WiFi calling for others in this thread and then use their knowledge to reslove this issue for everyone.? 

View more options
Highlighted

It is available on the P20 and I have it working on my P20 - I don't know about the P20PRO, but someone else posted that they had it working on one of those too.

You have to go back to my second post - 16th post on page 1 - to understand how it was solved for me.  Essentially it was me being persistent with one of the support people in the small business section, and her being persistent with the techie that she had on another line.  As @stewiebrown says, we just need to track down one or both of these individuals and get them to repeat the magic for everyone else!

I had an update a few days ago and my build number is now - 8.1.0.110(C432) - and it's still working!

View more options
Highlighted

Hi all, just to confirm that all of the current P20's are Wi-Fi Calling compatible. If you're experiencing any problems achieving this, then do please let us know. We'll be more than happy to look into it. 

View more options
Highlighted

@Adam will mines still not working. Take  it you can get this resolved for me??? As no one else has been able too,  I'll look forward to hearing from you shortly with your fix.

View more options
Highlighted

I'd be interested in hearing the solution for this as right now I'm close to taking my phone in to CPW and suggesting they try fix it.  If your tech guys are telling me it's been activated on your side and the phone still doesn't show it then I can only assume something is wrong with the hardware. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear your Wi-Fi calling still isn't working @stewiebrown and @ATrolley. Reply back to our last email and we'll pick up our investigation from there again, to help get you up and running.

View more options
Highlighted

Done thank you :Smiling: hopefully will get to the bottom of this. 

View more options
Highlighted

Done,hopefully this can get sorted once and for all.. 

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for your updates @stewiebrown and @ATrolley. One of the team will be in touch as soon as we reach your messages.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Can I be looped in to the fix for this please?

I have two huawei P20s on separate accounts, have sent the text to 97888 and had the confirmation text that it is set up with nothing appearing in the settings after a restart. Contacted support from the My Vodafone app and had another confirmation that it would be set up after a restart, but nothing appeared in the settings again. This time the app now has the option to switch on Wifi Calling, and it has the start date of the 10th, but again nothing appears in the Call Settings on the phone. Where am I going wrong?

View more options
Highlighted

I really don't think Vodafone know what they are doing, Adam the moderator  clear stated in his post that all  P20 are compatible with WiFi calling. I've senice been informed to try everything Ive previously tried and still have no option for WiFi calling.  There must be a fix and Adam if your reading this could u reply with it??? Or at least let me know if you were telling porkies 😆 

View more options
Highlighted

Yep same here, been asked to text CALLING again, check settings, etc, have now sent screenshot of current firmware to see if that helps matters, don't see how it will as I've not had an update since the time I got the phone.  

Thing is that WiFi calling works with Three on this firmware as I have an old SIM card and it's fine. 

View more options
Highlighted

Just to show that Vodafone CAN get it working, I've attached screenshots from my P20 (not PRO - but others say they have it working on the PRO).

First screenshot is the about the build, and the next two are, respectively, from the main settings and the phone settings - which look the same!

You can see the active Wifi calling icon at the top of the screen.

Just keep hassling Vodafone........see my earlier post - number 19 (I think) in the list.

Highlighted

Can I ask what firmware your on is it C782? Cheers 

View more options
Highlighted

Sorry - I added the images as files, and clearly that isn't the way to do it!

P20 Image 1 - build details.jpgP20 Image 2 - main settings.jpgP20 Image 3 - phone settings.jpg

Highlighted

Yep C782 

Screenshot_20180511-085534.jpg

There are there Steve but in more options

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

The difference on "About phone" is the build - Steve928 has build ending with 110(C432) whereas mine is ending with 112 (C782). The call settings section only has the option about the power button - nothing about wifi calling.

View more options
Highlighted

But is the difference in build number because mine is not a PRO?

Don't know the answer to that one.

View more options