main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

P20PRO wificalling

Highlighted
4: Newbie

@Dibs75 wrote:

Have a look in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Call Settings > WiFi calling.

Oh trust me I've looked in there many times with no success, there is clearly an issue that neither Vodafone nor Huawei seem to be able to fix right now. 

Screenshot_20180524-123106.jpg

View more options
Highlighted

@stewiebrown @ATrolley I can see that we've received your emails regarding Wi-Fi Calling with the P20.

Our team are continuing to investigate this with the manufacturer and we really appreciate your patience while we look into this. Any updates that we receive will be posted on this thread.

View more options
Highlighted

@Tash wrote:

@stewiebrown @ATrolley I can see that we've received your emails regarding Wi-Fi Calling with the P20.

Our team are continuing to investigate this with the manufacturer and we really appreciate your patience while we look into this. Any updates that we receive will be posted on this thread.

Thank you Natasha, lets assume there is no resolution to this issue within the next month or so, what can we realistically expect to happen? As the WiFi calling aspect is actually quite important to me as where I work is quite a dead spot for all networks and I use the buildings WiFi to keep connection and previously for calls. 

View more options
Highlighted

@ATrolley wrote:

@Tash wrote:

Thank you Natasha, lets assume there is no resolution to this issue within the next month or so, what can we realistically expect to happen? As the WiFi calling aspect is actually quite important to me as where I work is quite a dead spot for all networks and I use the buildings WiFi to keep connection and previously for calls. 

I'd be very interested to know too. As starting this thread you must realise this is very important to me. I also like to add  through trail and friends phone  I note wifi calling is attived on all other network with this  build,  EE enable the function straight away on sim swap and have seen both 3 and 02 phones on the same build C782 working all non network banded. phone. 

View more options
Highlighted

For info to all.

I've just had a second firmware update - now 8.1.0.120(C432) . Wi-fi calling is still working for me but I'm now actually getting a notification that it is operational:

"Vodafone WiFi  Call enabled"

That's the first time I've had that. I'm hoping that maybe this is being rolled out to everyone, including those on the non-working firmware.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Its really strange. I got the P20 Pro while I was still in contract with virgin, the contracts overlapped by a month. I started using my P20 pro with the virgin sim straight away and WiFi calling worked, and the settings totenable it were there. As soon as I switched to my Vodafone sim, the settings disappeared. 

Anyone else experienced that or similar?

View more options
Highlighted

@Orophine wrote:

Its really strange. I got the P20 Pro while I was still in contract with virgin, the contracts overlapped by a month. I started using my P20 pro with the virgin sim straight away and WiFi calling worked, and the settings totenable it were there. As soon as I switched to my Vodafone sim, the settings disappeared. 

Virgin runs on EE so the same happen to me with a sim swap as said previously believe it's a vodaVoda issue.

View more options
Highlighted

@Orophine wrote:

Virgin runs on EE so the same happen to me with a sim swap as said previously believe it's a vodaphone ssue.

View more options
Highlighted

@Orophine wrote:

Yes my first sim card in the phone was with the Three network with WiFi calling working, switched to Vodafone and nothing.  I assume you also got your phone from Carphone Warehouse/Mobiles.co.uk it seems the phones they have supplied are the issue. 

View more options
Highlighted

@ATrolley wrote:

Yes my first sim card in the phone was with the Three network with WiFi calling working, switched to Vodafone and nothing.  I assume you also got your phone from Carphone Warehouse/Mobiles.co.uk it seems the phones they have supplied are the issue. 

Yes, mine was from mobiles.co.uk. From what I'm reading it does seem that it's their phones that have the issues.

View more options
Highlighted

CPW have supplied us phones with a UK build, the same 3 uses, Vodafone WiFi calling seems to only support the European  build, strange a UK mobile network  operator can't support a UK  build. 

View more options
Highlighted

@stewiebrown wrote:

CPW have supplied us phones with a UK build, the same 3 uses, Vodafone WiFi calling seems to only support the European  build, strange a UK mobile network  operator can't support a UK  build. 

Ok, so I take it the Vodafone support guys on their live chat system aren't going to be able to sort it. I've contacted them twice and they promised to send an "update" out to my phone. They said it would take 24 to 48 hours and i'd receive a notification when it was done. So far not had any notifications and its been over 24 hours.

I presume others on here have been through the same routine and had no joy as well. 

Are Vodafone actively working on fixing this?

View more options
Highlighted

If your P20 is not some flavour of build C432 - highly unlikely to impossible that anyone at Vodafone (let alone someone on chat) will be able to help you.  I was very fortunate that I purchased mine direct from Vodafone and it now works (but even that needed multiple chats and calls to Vodafone),  but it's those with a P20 from CPW who seem to be the ones who are not being helped.

Vodafone say that they are investigating and in discussions with Huawei, but this has been going on since the day the phone was released - don't hold your breath!

View more options
Highlighted

I'm sorry to see your issues taking longer than expected to resolve @ATrolley. If you've contacted us via the link in @Adam's private message, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

View more options
Highlighted

@Steve928 wrote:

If your P20 is not some flavour of build C432 - highly unlikely to impossible that anyone at Vodafone (let alone someone on chat) will be able to help you.  I was very fortunate that I purchased mine direct from Vodafone and it now works (but even that needed multiple chats and calls to Vodafone),  but it's those with a P20 from CPW who seem to be the ones who are not being helped.

Vodafone say that they are investigating and in discussions with Huawei, but this has been going on since the day the phone was released - don't hold your breath!

Yes mine has the C782 build. You would have thought the build for Europe and the UK would be similar. Its a bizzare and very frustrating situation. 

View more options
Highlighted

@Mark wrote:

I'm sorry to see your issues taking longer than expected to resolve @ATrolley. If you've contacted us via the link in @Adam's private message, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

My latest reference number on the emails I'm in reply to is #18585655 

Now getting close to 2 months without full required functionality.  I'm constantly missing calls in the office due to this and with the term break now this is more important than ever. The phone is constantly flitting between 0-1 bar signal and I'm coming back to about 3 answer phone messages a day once I finally do get some. 

View more options
Highlighted

Well that just about sums it all up. 

Emailed the support again today asking for an update (9 days since last heard from them) get a notification of a missed call (due to no signal it never actually rang) call them back and it's the sales team trying to sell me Broadband..........

You couldn't make this stuff up! 

View more options
Highlighted

@ATrolley wrote:

Well that just about sums it all up. 

Emailed the support again today asking for an update (9 days since last heard from them) get a notification of a missed call (due to no signal it never actually rang) call them back and it's the sales team trying to sell me Broadband..........

You couldn't make this stuff up! 

Seems to me  once they've taken your money signed you up to a 24 month contract they don't give a sh*te. The whole thing is a joke.

View more options
Highlighted

@stewiebrown wrote:

@ATrolley

Seems to me  once they've taken your money signed you up to a 24 month contract they don't give a sh*te. The whole thing is a joke.

Well after a TWO HOUR live chat, I've now raised a complaint as my last email from support stated the following

We understand this has been a long running issue and currently Huawei do not support Wi-Fi calling on the Vodafone network if the phone as been purchased for any other source that Vodafone directly.

We are in discussion with Huawei to have this amended but at the moment we cannot provide an accurate timescale for this to be done.

Given that I need WiFi calling due to almost zero signal where I work, I can't keep this contract with the indefinite hope of a solution, but surprise surprise I'm obviously outside of my 30 day cooling off period. Even though the issue was brought up well inside that time. I will await the call from the complaints department with their solution as the quoted £414.50 early termination fee is a joke. 

View more options
Highlighted

Good luck I'm going to start my complaint shortly. Maybe another option would be for VP to swap your hand set to a compatible build. As said previously why all the other network can get WiFi calling work on this build and VP can't is totally beond me. Keep us informed how you get on.

View more options