main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

P20PRO wificalling

Highlighted

@stewiebrown Has it been over 7 working days since your complaint was raised to the Deadlock team? If so, please respond to our latest email so we can chase this up for you.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@Josh wrote:

@stewiebrown Has it been over 7 working days since your complaint was raised to the Deadlock team? If so, please respond to our latest email so we can chase this up for you.

I wasnt told 7 working day  at the time and really think your advisors need better trainig, 7th April I started this thread over 2 months down the road contonally miss informed and still no resolution to my issue.  Think you'd have to agree really not good enough. But would be interest to hear your take on it? 

View more options
Highlighted

WiFi Calling is only available to Vodafone Red customers and the headset has to come from Vodafone. I am a Red customer and got my P20 Pro from Vodafone and WiFi Calling is working. See screenshot. 

View more options
Highlighted

@mattyboy wrote:

WiFi Calling is only available to Vodafone Red customers and the headset has to come from Vodafone. I am a Red customer and got my P20 Pro from Vodafone and WiFi Calling is working. See screenshot. 

Sorry to correct you and  I take it you’ve not read the whole tread?? As if you had you’d see that the mods have confirm that the handset doesn’t have to be purchased from Vodafone and I’m on the red traff.   Please can you check you  facts in future. Thanks. 

View more options
Highlighted

As advised by Josh @stewiebrown. If you've been waiting for more than seven days for our deadlock team to contact you, please reply to our latest email and we'll be in touch.

View more options
Highlighted

View more options
Highlighted

I was told that information by Vodafone so took that as fact. Was only sharing what I had been told. Sorry for trying to help, I'll mind my own business next time. 

View more options
Highlighted

Their OWN website states what I said was correct so either your being told wrong info or they need to update their website. Pic included, read the bottom paragraph in brackets. 

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Mattyboy, thanks for trying to help but didn't get your screenshot there. Fevers are running high because every time one of us contacts Vodafone we're told something different and we've been waiting for weeks for promised replies.

I'm guessing you're referring to the part of their website below where it states for their OWN MODEL handsets they must be purchased from Vodafone. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

View more options
Highlighted

@mattyboy wrote:

I was told that information by Vodafone so took that as fact. Was only sharing what I had been told. Sorry for trying to help, I'll mind my own business next time. 

Not trying to be funny and I totally believe VF told you that, That’s the whole point they seem to tell people what they fancy at time. Take it you’ve not read the whole tread and if you had you’d understand my frustration. I’ve spent 10 weeks trying to this sorted and been provide with so much conflicting information.  Makes Vodafone look like a tin pot company not a multinational. Surely they have procedures and practices and know there products and what they can support and not. Which is rolled out to all advisors. Not the service I’ve received which  seem to be make it up as you go along.

View more options
Highlighted

Mattyboy, thanks for trying to help but didn't get your screenshot there. Fevers are running high because every time one of us contacts Vodafone we're told something different and we've been waiting for weeks for promised replies.

I'm guessing you're referring to the part of their website below where it states for their OWN MODEL handsets they must be purchased from Vodafone. 

vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

View more options
Highlighted

Mattyboy, thanks for trying to help but fevers are running high because every time one of us contacts Vodafone we're told something different and we've been waiting for weeks for promised replies. It took me contacting them six times to finally be told that Wi-Fi calling isn't available on third party handsets.

You refer to the part of their website where it states for their OWN MODEL handsets they must be purchased from Vodafone. It's part of the last bullet point, not a separate note. There's not even a full stop or capital letter.

View more options
Highlighted

Take a look on page 3 your see I believe what your saying is correct however was corrected by Adam a Vodafone mod, I'd also been told in store and by online advisors my phone support WiFi calling, Not sue of the date of the document you have but maybe they have added  recently,  As if they'd advise me this correcly at the time I would have be able to return my phone as was within cooling off period. A tin pot company as said. 

View more options
Highlighted

I totally understand your frustration, being told conflicting answers is extremely annoying. The website does look like it's part of the last bullet point but also could be meant for all handsets too, they could have just forgotten the space. I've always been told that third party phones are not compatible with WiFi Calling and I had first hand experience of this, my previous phone had the WiFi Calling function but because my phone was from CPW it just never worked, as soon as I got my new P20 Pro from Vodafone it worked straight away as was already activated on my account. The other problem could be people asking if their handset supports WiFi Calling and being told yes, all new phone have the function now but it doesn' mean that they can use it unless they have a Red plan and received the handset from Vodafone. I think they need to clarify it better on their website and tell people that although their phones support it doesn't mean they qualify to use it. I hope you can get clarity on this sooner rather than later. 

View more options
Highlighted

@Mark wrote:

As advised by Josh @stewiebrown. If you've been waiting for more than seven days for our deadlock team to contact you, please reply to our latest email and we'll be in touch.

Mark not being funny but again it's the little bit of miss information. Josh advise 7 working day and your call center advisors and you state 7 days which is it? 

View more options
Highlighted

@stewiebrown wrote:

Take a look on page 3 your see I believe what your saying is correct however was corrected by Adam a Vodafone mod, I'd also been told in store and by online advisors my phone support WiFi calling, Not sue of the date of the document you have but maybe they have added  recently,  As if they'd advise me this correcly at the time I would have be able to return my phone as was within cooling off period. A tin pot company as said. 

Yep this was my stance which eventually got me out the contract and the phone not needing to be returned. As soon as I was told this I pushed the point home that had I been told at the time of the problem I would have walked away then. 

Capture.PNG

The annoying thing is that the phone does still physically support it, I've now put a Three SIM in there and have the WiFi calling option available. 

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Hi everyone, 

I’m sorry for the confusion on this thread. I’d like to confirm what the current situation is.

Some Huawei P20 and P20 Pro phones that aren’t directly from us, don’t have the supported software for Wi-Fi Calling.

An update is on its way from the manufacturer. There isn’t a timescale at the moment of when.

If there’s anyone who’s had the phone directly from us and aren’t able to use Wi-Fi Calling, then please let us know.

View more options
Highlighted

@Gemma wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I’m sorry for the confusion on this thread. I’d like to confirm what the current situation is.

Some Huawei P20 and P20 Pro phones that aren’t directly from us, don’t have the supported software for Wi-Fi Calling.

An update is on its way from the manufacturer. There isn’t a timescale at the moment of when.

If there’s anyone who’s had the phone directly from us and aren’t able to use Wi-Fi Calling, then please let us know.

Thanks for the update but believe your wording is incorrect? Should it not be some P20 and P20 pro are that are purchased from other retailers are not currently compatible with  WiFi calling on the Vodafone network ? Believe/Know they work with every other UK network that offers WiFi callling. If you have evidence to prove otherwise please let me know. 

View more options
Highlighted

@stewiebrown wrote:

@Gemma wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the update but believe your wording is incorrect? Should it not be s ome P20 and P20 pro are that are prchase from other retailers are not currently compatible with  WiFi calling on the Vodafone net work? Believe/Know they work with every other UK network that offers WiFi callling. If you have evidence to prove otherwise please let me know. 

It should say exactly that as the 'Vodafone' P20 Pro I purchased via Mobiles.co.uk now has this option with a 3 SIM card

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-08 at 16.54.56.jpeg

View more options
Highlighted

The problem I have is that this information was not available before I joined your network (even took a few contacts to your teams) and there is no timescale for a fix.

View more options