Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PDF File

widgetwilk39
10: Established
10: Established

I cannot open a PDF attachment on my phone, any ideas why???

I have a Nokia android

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

You'd normally only be able to save a file in its original format.   As you can now open the PDF, is there any need to save as an image (jpeg etc)?

Volume down+power is a somewhat old way of taking screenshots and more recent versions of Android have put the screenshot option on the long-press-power menu (along with shutdown and restart).   Some manufacturers have their own shortcuts, so check the manual.   My Motorola has a rather nifty three-finger tap and my old HTC did it via the pull-down shortcut list.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw

Hi @widgetwilk39  might sound daft but have you downloaded a PDF viewer onto your phone? 

Just downloaded the app and can now see PDF, but how can I save it or forward it in messenger, am sure I use to be able to save it to photos and send

63johnw

Not sure with your phone but normally a long press on the pdf brings up options, try this or look for something like three dots ( might not be there) along the top as that sometimes brings up options too?

Thanks, the app working OK, but for some unknow reason cannot save as a jpeg or photo to phone, no great deal, just annoying. thanks again

63johnw

Could you do a screenshot?

That's a good idea, but can't do screen shot on phone??!!!

63johnw

Does pressing  and holding power button and volume down button together for few seconds not take a screenshot?

hrym

You'd normally only be able to save a file in its original format.   As you can now open the PDF, is there any need to save as an image (jpeg etc)?

Volume down+power is a somewhat old way of taking screenshots and more recent versions of Android have put the screenshot option on the long-press-power menu (along with shutdown and restart).   Some manufacturers have their own shortcuts, so check the manual.   My Motorola has a rather nifty three-finger tap and my old HTC did it via the pull-down shortcut list.