Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PIE Update LED Cover Samsung S9

djs1970
4: Newbie

Searching the internet there would appear to be a problem with the Samsung LED cover after updating to Android Pie.  I have been in touch with both Vodafone and Samsung who have both denied there is a problem.

My question is those that do have the LED case and have upgraded to PIE have they had any problems as I would like to upgrade to PIE.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately there does seem to be issues.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/S9-and-Led-Cover-Cover-is-not-working-after-Android...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I saw that and the complaints are still growing.

Both Vodafone and Samsung UK deny there is a problem with this PIE update and there obviously is.

I wonder if and when a fix will be released, unfortunately neither say there is a problem and neither will comment on any updates!

BandOfBrothers

If I had been affected in this way then I would use the Samsung Members App to send feedback.

The more that do the better chance Samsung will sit up and take note and then send out a bug update @djs1970 

Current Phone  >

For now I'm not going to update. Looking at forums that all complain of problems after the PIE update I'm going to wait. 

At the end of the day why should I have a Samsung case that doesn't work and hope a fix is released? 

BandOfBrothers

Fair enough @djs1970 

If using an accessory such as that particular case is a deal breaker and supersedes using what Samsung One Ui  / Pie brings to the table then cool.

Current Phone  >

It's more the fact that an official Samsung case (that wasn't cheap) isn't compatible with their version of PIE.

That in my opinion is poor. 

• They still claim there is no problem with the PIE update. Has anyone updated and have had no problems? 
  • This is the latest answer from Samsung today Screenshot_20190317-145316_Samsung Internet.jpg