Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PIxel 2, LG v30 etc

Dandle
4: Newbie

Does any one know if Vodafone are going to start stocking a few more brands. Currently it seems we are stuck with manly Apple and Samsung offerings which is a little strange for such a big network. I dont want either of those brands and the only other real premium option is Sony (which i have written off due to poor speakers and failry old fashioned design). 

If the HTC U11 was offered I would have already upgraded, the other options that seem pretty good are the Pixel 2 line and the LG V30 but I dubious if Vodafone will offer either brand.

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Apple and Samsung dominate the market by a considerable margin, so any other brand is having to compete on a much smaller share and, unless they're prepared to give the networks a very good deal, will probably be frozen out by the costs of running another purchase account and dealing with stock control.   Vodafone stocked HTCs up to the M9, but then dropped the brand.   I think it's unlikely they'll be adding them back in the near future.

The alternative is to go to Carphone Warehouse, although their tarriff deals sometimes aren't as good.   The bonus, though, is that the devices they sell aren't network-branded, so you get OS updates quicker.  (On less popular brands, networks often don't provide them at all).

sanjubrainz
1: Seeker

LG phones are best and I recommend it to everyone. see new LG v40: https://techrubik.com/lg-v40-specs-price-release-date-revealed/