Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PS4 Nat Type Issues

Rejwan98
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, im trying to utilize my unlimited max plan for the use of hotspot on my ps4. (Due to home broadband beein down). Is there any way round the fact that the nat type is strict and set to type 3 i tried many things and yet to find a solution. I tried with my mums phone who is in three and with the same phone hotspot works perfectly fine with open NAT and type 2 on ps4 settings. Is there anything that can be done done as it seems a big issue not to be able to connect on online games with friends

33 REPLIES 33

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

While we wouldn't be able to make any changes to your account to enable NAT 1 or 2 (as this is a restriction put in place by Playstation), a static IP may help you to connect @Rejwan98

How would i enable static IP?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Sorry for any confusion @Rejwan98, we're looking into the issues that people have had with strict NAT types at the moment; since our new Unlimited Plans and Gigacube.

We understand how frustrating it must be to have all of that data and not be able to connect properly. We don't have an update at the moment, but you can keep an eye out here on the Vodafone Community Forum for more news. 

Can Vodafone let us know if this is being worked on and if so how long until a fix? I am a new and very fraustrated gigacube customer also unable to use PSN due to strict NAT settings.

Hi @Ash194, we have reported this issue, at the moment we do not have a timescale on this. We will share any new information or fixes here on the forum. I apologise we can not help further with this at the moment and appreciate your patience.

Hello, I'm looking for an update on NAT type issues? I've been doing research on this and understand that the Private IP address is the main issue. Private IP address should only be used for business. How do we connect with a public IP address on a consumer product?

Thank you for your help in advance. :Thumbs_Up::Game_Control:

They won't give you one until they sort IPV6 out. They use CGNAT which was basically an emergency measure a lot of isp's used to stop running out of IPV4 address. But they have themselves to blame for years of dragging their feet on IPV6 rollout and now we all have to suffer for that.

That is unfortunately the fact.. I was sold a new contract earlier this month on the basis that I could play online but guess what? Private IP address (used originally for enterprise) and I'm stuck on NAT type 3 unable to play online.. meanwhile Vodafone provide public IP address to business customer (go figure..) and as you said we're all paying the price for it!! I think I'm done with VODAFONE!

Agreed, i dont get why networks such as three are able to do it, even for ps4 allowing a NAT TYPE 2 with open nat in some cases for most games