Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying bill via My Vodafone App

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Hi I decided to pay my bill via my Vodafone app and after I had finished it asks if you want to save the card.

The problem is you are not given any other option other than to press the home key or back key and as a result of doing that it says there is a problem but I have received a text saying thank you for your payment.

So how do I know if it's been processed 

Also say if I was to use my partners card to pay the bill as a one off and don't want the card details saved and also for security reasons 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I agree @DRUIDDOODE there should be a way of not saving a card somewhere in the process.

I'm sure there is as not everyone wants that service.

I certainly wouldn't!

You should be able to check payments via myvodafone and via 191 or Live Chat. 

On a side note > Loving the new avatar.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

I agree @DRUIDDOODE there should be a way of not saving a card somewhere in the process.

I'm sure there is as not everyone wants that service.

I certainly wouldn't!

You should be able to check payments via myvodafone and via 191 or Live Chat. 

On a side note > Loving the new avatar.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks BANDOFBROTHERS

The app is now saying payment as gone through but like you have said im still not happy about wether the card as been saved as once it as gone through there is no way to check if it as saved it automatically unless you make another payment.

hrym

I only allow certain sites to retain my card details too, but I do also pay Vodafone via direct debit, so it has my bank info.   The thing is that, if you make a card payment, those details will be in the system, so the only protection is against someone getting into your account and buying something using the saved details - ie not against a hack that uncovers the card details from the payment system.

If I'm on a website whose credentials I'm not totally sure of, I use PayPal.  In some caes, if they don't accept that, I don't buy from them at all.