Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Personalised Ringtones

lixwmbill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just bought a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. I'm having trouble assigning different mp3 ringtones to different contacts. Its OK assigning an mp3 as a general ringtone, but I can't see how to set them individually. (When you select a contact and try to change the ringtone, it just gives a list of the default Vodafone ringtones.) Anyone know how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many thanks for all the responses.... and I've sorted it....!!

pick a contact and select edit, then ringtone. When the list of ringtones comes up, swipe down the screen and a "More ringtones" option appears at the top of the screen. Tap this option and any music files in the ringtones or download folders appear. pick the one you want and hey presto. All contacts can have their own ringtone.

Thanks again for all your input. I'll come back with more queries I'm sure..

Cheers,  Bill

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Sorry I missed the last post so no need to add info

hrym
17: Community Champion

@63johnwWhen you have a moment, could you look and see whether that's in the Ringtones or Download folder?   The question, it seems to me, is whether the OP's phone is downloading to the wrong place or whether it simply doesn't pick up ringtones that aren't in the dedicated folder.  The effect's the same, but the causes slightly different.

63johnw
Mine is stored in the zedge folder on the phone storage.

Can you set a downloaded tone as the default for all callers? If so does it then appear in the list?

63johnw
If you can set your downloaded tone as the default then open up the contact you want and set the personal ringtone to that then change the default one back. That has just worked for me.

Many thanks for all the responses.... and I've sorted it....!!

pick a contact and select edit, then ringtone. When the list of ringtones comes up, swipe down the screen and a "More ringtones" option appears at the top of the screen. Tap this option and any music files in the ringtones or download folders appear. pick the one you want and hey presto. All contacts can have their own ringtone.

Thanks again for all your input. I'll come back with more queries I'm sure..

Cheers,  Bill

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Good to hear your perseverance has paid off.

Your posting  the solution will be of help to others.

hrym

Ah, the dreaded "more" button :smileylol: