main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Phishing Texts

bolo
12: Established

Got 2 what seem to be phishing texts today. Is there any way I can block them on my vf Ultra Smart 6 phone. 06F5559A-A314-4379-A260-A2FDE05FB051.jpeg

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

There is some good advice from Vodafone in Protecting-our-customers/phishing/

Some phones have text blocking facilities where if a number Is displayed from the sender of a text a person can add that to the phones blocking feature. Perhaps an option if your phone has this option. 

Also in What-can-I-do-about-nuisance-spam-or-marketing-texts.

"Forward the spam text message to 7726, our free reporting service which helps us to monitor and reduce spamIf you’re receiving unwanted messages from a shortcode (typically a 4- or 5-digit number) then reply STOP. Legitimate organisations will cease sending you any further messagesIf the message hasn’t been sent from a shortcode and you don’t recognise the sender, we recommend that you don’treply"

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
bolo
12: Established

Thanks yet again for your input and us3ful advice. After posting, I came across a similar thread I had raised in the past and one of the replies to that thread suggested a method which I was able to make use of on this occasion. However, should that fail to do the trick, I will follow your advice to the letter and forward the text/s to 7726.

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @bolo

These types of communication are annoying and potentially dangerous so I hope things work out for you to rid yourself of these. 

Take care  :Smiling:

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options