cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone Won't Turn On......or do anything!!

lego999
4: Newbie

Hi All,

I was usung my HTC One (M7) this morning when the screen froze momentarily. It then went blank but the home and back symbols were still lit. After a few seconds these started flashing and then went out. Now my phone is as dead as a Dodo! It was fully charged as I'd only just unpluged it.

Has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

Took my phone in for repair on tuesday and got 'it' back this morning - quite impressive as they said the earliest I would get it back was the 16th!

Apparently it would take too long to repair so I have a replacement phone. Still have no idea what the problem was though, just hope never to have it again! :smileyhappy:

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi lego999,

What happens if you connect to a PC?

Nabs

redpages

It's worth getting it looked at in a Vodafone store to determine if it's a problem with the battery or the phone hardware itself. If needed they could also arrange for it to be sent off for a repair.

Vodafone Repairs Help

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

lego999
4: Newbie

Hi Nabs,

Have tried that but still nothing. Have also tried the power button + volume down button but nothing happens.

I suspect it will be a trip to the Vodafone store in the morning :smileysad:

On a brighter note the £15 nokia that I'm using at the moment has a battery that lasts for ever!!  :smileylol:

thesoupdragon

That sounds like a dead battery, as in... no longer able to hold a charge?

The Phone will need to be sent off for a replacement battery to be fitted.

Hi,

The battery was showing 100% and had only just been taken off of charge. Plugging the charger in again made no difference. As I said, a trip to the Vodafone store methinks.......

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

I had something similar happen when the battery went completely flat and had to restart it after charging for a few hours.  Although the manual says to hold the power button for 10 seconds, I had to hold it for a lot longer than that before the screen started up.  The phone glowed slightly while it was thinking about starting so doing it in the dark may reassure you that something is happening.  It could be that resetting using volume down & then power buttons takes a similar long time of holding them both.

Hi Tim Griff6,

I had tried holding the buttons down for about 5 minutes after reading it on a blog post somewhere..... all I achieved was numb fingers :smileysad:

My phone has gone off to Vodafone for repair so we'll see what the problem is.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions,

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

5 minutes is a long time!! - I didn't leave it until I got numb - just until I almost got bored.

Hi all,

Took my phone in for repair on tuesday and got 'it' back this morning - quite impressive as they said the earliest I would get it back was the 16th!

Apparently it would take too long to repair so I have a replacement phone. Still have no idea what the problem was though, just hope never to have it again! :smileyhappy: