Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone accepts two PINs !!

OldGrantonian
2: Seeker

My grandson has Vodafone Smart First 7. He locked himself out of his phone.

The Vodafone chat agent gave me the PUK. I entered it during the chat, so that he could hold my hand. I used the default online PIN of 1234. All OK.

The PHONE password is 2345.

Now, both of us are finding that if 2345 doesn't work, then 1234 will work. And vice versa.

Here are some notes from my diary for yesterday and today

---
11 Nov 2018
Check the phone now:
2345 did not work
Try the online PIN, 1234 That worked !!!!
But try again - now does not work
Try 2345
That works immediately, in other words, I didn't need to press the Check icon.
Conclusion: the pwd is 2345
---
12 Nov 2018
2345 did not work today.
Try 1234. That worked.
So, if one doesn't work - try the other. Crazy !!!
---

I would be grateful for any advice on how to ensure that only one PIN works.

I should really be changing the ONLINE PIN, which is still at the default - but I don't want to change anything until I understand what's happening.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Change your SIM PIN to 2345, the SIM PIN and screen lock password are different passwords, but can be set to be the same number.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

OldGrantonian

Here's some more info on the passwords.

- Do a shutdown by pressing the power key until the menu appears, then select Restart.
- When the phone restarts, the keypad is presented.

At the top of the screen is the message "Enter SIM PIN, you have 3 remaining attempts"

- Enter 1234
- Get message "Verify PIN success", and the phone is opened.

If I then repeat the above procedure, I get the same message  "Enter SIM PIN, you have 3 remaining attempts"

If the phone turns itself off, or if a user gives a quick press on the power key, then there's no SIM PIN message, and the phone can be unlocked with 2345

Question: How can I eliminate the message, and return to a single password of 2345?

Thanks.

Change your SIM PIN to 2345, the SIM PIN and screen lock password are different passwords, but can be set to be the same number.

chistery said:

>>  Change your SIM PIN to 2345, the SIM PIN and screen lock password are different passwords, but can be set to be the same number

That worked fine. Thanks.