cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone bill too high despite having unlimted class and texts !

Vanessa33
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My phone is far to high , my line rental is £37 pe month which includes unlimted calls and texts plus 1.0gb
I have internet at home and at work and don't use internet otherwise.
I feel vodofone are taking me for a ride
6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

So what exactly are the charges for... you've not actually stated?  Remember that 08* number, international calls and texts and information service texts aren't included in any of your bundles.

PWIAC

Going over data use age
I calked a few o800 numbers , never again as I no the charges now
I made a call to Ireland but I do have a euro traveler on my fon

drey_p

@Vanessa33 wrote:
Going over data use age
I calked a few o800 numbers , never again as I no the charges now
I made a call to Ireland but I do have a euro traveler on my fon

You do realise that Euro Traveller is only for roaming when in Europe?  It doesn't cover you making calls to Ireland or Europe whilst in the UK?

What you need to do is work out what is using up the data.  The Galaxy S5 has inbuilt data monitoring functionality, so take a look at that and see what is chewing through your data.

PWIAC

Thanks , I go away a lot to Ireland and Spain so £ 3 a day can be very expensive on euro traveler.
My husband is the same as he is always away with work America , China etc , it costs £ 5 per day !
For 2 weeks it's £200 !

drey_p

You are aware that you don't have to opt into EuroTraveller?  You can just pay the standard roaming charges here.  The same applies to World Traveller - you don't have to opt in.  Remember also, that the daily charge is only triggered when you send a text, make a call or use data.  You won't get charged if you don't use your phone. 

You have to work out if it is good value for you.  I saved nearly £60 on my last trip by having it.

@Vanessa33 wrote:
Thanks , I go away a lot to Ireland and Spain so £ 3 a day can be very expensive on euro traveler.
My husband is the same as he is always away with work America , China etc , it costs £ 5 per day !
For 2 weeks it's £200 !

I'm not too sure how you come to the £200 charge for 2 weeks of usage.  At £5 a day for 2 weeks it is £70 which is £130 less than you stated.

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The other thing would be to look at the usage breakdon via the My Vodafone link in the red banner above.   This will show you which items are chargeable and which come out of your bundle.   Calls to 08 numbers and calls abraod would be out of bundle, as you know.  You'll also be able to see whether you've been exceeding your data allowance.

If it's the latter, I'd recommend a data manager app, which you can set to warn you when you're getting near your limit and even cut you off altogether when you reach it.   It can also analyse which apps are the hogs.