Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone connectivity.

golfingtam
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying to connect my vodafone 890n to my computer to download photos, but they will not connect. How do i fix this problem??

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

Depending on what sort of computer you're using (ie operating system: Microsoft/Apple/Linux), try connecting the phone as external storage (ie "browse files") and pull the pictures up from the PC end,  They'll be in a folder either called DCIM or Pictures. If this won't work, toggling the connectionmethod sometimes works.  I haven't needed to do this, but have a look at Settings|USB.

Alternatively, consider using a cloud service (which will have the added advantage of backing up on the fly).  I use Dropbox, by Google Photos and Sky Drive will also work.   You install the Android app and the PC software and everything syncs automatically.

Or you could look at a file manager such as File Manager or ES File Manager.  These can access a shared drive/folder on your PC via wifi and you can manage files from there.  Cloud syncing is probably simplest, though.

Hi hrym, thanks for your reply. I have found that the problem with my phone was that it did not recognise SD card. I removed card and tried it seperately, worked OK. Thanks again, Yours Golfingtam.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@golfingtam – I’m pleased you’ve got this sorted now. 

Let us know if you need any further help :Smiling:

hrym

Just to follow up: when you say "it" didn't recognise the card, do you mean the phone or the computer?  I haven't connected a device by cable for so long that I've never tried to access a card that's in a phone.  It may be that there are too many stages, or that Android now blocks it for security (non-system apps are limited to what they can do with a card, and that may apply to external connections).

I'd recommend one of the non-physical methods I suggested - or you can take the card out and use an adaptor/reader in the pc - though that's mighty fiddly.