Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone out of stock

Phil70
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Having just come over from O2  I set up 2 new contracts, one for my wife and one for myself. Order went through OK and I waited to hear my delivery date. This never happened but 5 days on I got an e-mail telling me the phones were out of stock and Vodafone were waiting for Samsung to deliver more.

Now it seems to me that the sales team would know what was in or out of stock yet I was not offered an alternative phone and the simple fact is I'm left hanging with no clue as to when we will get our phones and we are unable to close down our 2 contracts with O2

So any idea as to how long it will take to get my order filled

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The agents I believe will have a line of sight in regards to stock availability @Phil70

If the phone was Out Of Stock at the time of order I'm sure they will have advised of such. 

It would appear as stock availability can change quite fast this has occurred sometime after completing your order. 

May I ask which model of Samsung phone you've chosen ?

Vodafone would advise you asap when the phone.cones back into stock, and then send you an email with tracking info once it's been despatched. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Phones are Galaxy J3 2017

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for confirming the phone model. 

It's currently showing as "Available for free home delivery in 1 - 2 weeks"

It's going to be a case of waiting or ask customer service to change model of phone. If they say you'd have to wait for it to come into stock before you can do this then please politely suggest that's not the case as orders can be cancelled and then reset back up. 

If you have a local Vodafone High street Store local you could check if they have the phone(s) your interested in and raise the new order there. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well, got our new phones with upgraded SIM cards. No problem with my wife's phone but apparently I shouldn't have used the SIM card that was sent to me, I should have used my SIM only contract SIM.

Now I have 2 contracts for phones plus a contract for SIM which Vodafone want £90-00 to cancel.

Or I can send back the phone and SIM card and Vodafone will send me another new phone and use my existing SIM. I can't see the logic of sending a phone back (which is now a used phone) just to be sent a new phone.

Oh and the good news is that the phone is now out of stock again. Can't believe that I've been trying to get a phone since 1st of November

Phil

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Phil70 This is disappointing to hear. We'll need to access your account to be able to look into this for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team.