Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone won't turn on

perditamcleod
2: Seeker

I have a S4 which since a recent firmware update refuses to turn on or hold any charge at all. I have tried a number of different chargers and sockets and all failed.

I had a problem with a faulty battery recently and Vodafone replaced it for me and the phone worked fine for a couple of weeks.  Now it won't even turn on.  Were they any issues with the recent patch as a colleague of mine said he thought there had been problems with the latest KitKat update?

Any help/advice gratefully recieved as I currently have a completely useless phone 😞

6 REPLIES 6

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The only way to see if its the Battery or the phone is with another battery

the S4 has had issues with the battery

this does look like the Battery has failed  if when you plug this in there is nothing showing

was the battery totaly flat or did it have some charge in it ?

Other then this i would contact samsing and send this in for repair takes about five working days from when they recive this

When plugged in, it seems to be drawing power but cannot retain enough charge to even boot up.  Not happy as this is the second fault in as many months and the battery is only a few weeks old.

Very frustrating!

deff sounds like the battery

But it could still be the phone it need elimininating

redninja685

This happened to me this morning, the phone requested a firmware update so I did it to get it over with, i returned an hour later to see the phone was off but had the red LED which i believed indicated that it was charching, but I had it earlier with full power, so it was probably only charging around 3-5%. But when i went to turn it on nothing happened, the red light dissappeared and the device did not turn on. It no longer respons to being charged, being turned on, soft reset, hard reset, or safe mode. Nothing turns it on. 

Now here is the worse thing about it... I just got the phone back yesterday from the repair, for the EXACT same reason before; I cannot express how annoid I am, I was relying to use it today considering I have places to go to and I do heavily rely on it. This is the fourth time it has happened now and giving I got it a year back makes me angry, I chose this phone over all the others but now I am having second thoughts weather it was the right decision. 

I cannot debate weather it is battery related or not, the facts I know is that every time I did an update this had happened. When I had the device sent of last week, the report came back indicating everything was fine, clearly nothing is fine and the problem is still persisting. Samsung SMART Survice did a diagnosis which indicated everything was ok, nothing failed and everything on the check list passed, perhaps there is a problem with the wiring. I've never had this problem with my iphone o;

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Personally I would ring Samsung and speak to their advisor. You can explain the whole issue and they take extensive notes about your issue. Then when it goes off for repair, they know exactly what the problem is...

If you have a Car Phone Warehouse near you, it is possible to pop in and have a Samsung qualified guy look at the Phone there and then.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi redninja685,

I'd recommend following thesoupdragon's suggestion, you can also take the phone into your local Vodafone store, where they can arrange for it to be sent it away for a repair.

Thanks,

Sukhi