Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 2 - Any Update from Vodafone

cr55dan
1: Seeker

As title suggests, is there any updates from Vodafone that will finally enable WiFi Calling.

How hard can it be if other Android Phones running older software can work just fine.

My Business Contracts are all coming to an end and we rely on SureSignal at one of our premises which is not exactly reliable at best as it just randomly restarts.

Any updates or links to UPDATED information would be appreciated, as this could be the deciding factor to move to a network who fully supports WiFi calling, not just to Phones that they push out through their own shops.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

From experience Vodafone UK won't comment on any future plans if any to include phone models. 

If an update is available it'll be on the Vodafone Official Wi-Fi calling.

Appreciate you have decisions to make if your not wanting to use one of the available models listed on that page. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, been watching that link for a while now, never seems to change, ive been asking vodafone about it since Janurary and all they tell me is its active on my account and should work, must of been unlucky with the operator not to fully know compatible devices or where i can check myself. Icertainly hope they sort it as Pixel 3 is just around the corner.

They won't support it as it's not a Vodafone stocked phone. Works on EE thought as do a lot of phones.

Unfortunately looks like when it comes to WiFi calling, Vodafone are far behind others in which phones will work with it, where you bought it, what plan you are on. Still no SMS support which both EE and Three support.

Best bet is move to EE once it's launched on them and get volte and WiFi calling too

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @cr55dan

I appreciate Wi-Fi Calling is important for some to have. 

Yes a person can move network of there contract is up or pay an early termination fee. 

However all the UK Networks have fringe coverage areas and Not-Spots so you could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak by moving networks.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Vodafone just lost me as a customer because this doesn't work on their network...

Looking like they are going to lose me also, had this phone 6 months and plan on getting the pixel 3, WiFi calling not being supported on a flagship phone is ridiculous. Why do the other networks have more customers? Because they don't just support the few, they support the many. Learn from this Vodafone, you could be so much of a better network by supporting customers with such trivial issues you can so easily sort.

techblogger911
4: Newbie

I hope they do something before Pixel 3 arrives.

Well, pixel 3 is here, and vodafone are supplying it, my guess is that wifi calling will work, a little too late as im going to now buy the pixel 3 from another vendor just to spite vodafone and the terrible service they provided in regards to this matter.

Bye Bye Vodafone, Pixel 3 Pre-ordered from another provider, along with all my business handsets!!!