Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Hi,

I have a Sony Xperia and every call that hits 29 minutes and 50 seconds gets terminated. Really annoying.

Any ideas?

Neil.

still having same issues - only happens when on 4G and other sims work fine - please help - have followed Vodafone advice to no avail 

Over three weeks now, five messages to Vodafone complaints and no further forward. I've been told it must be my phone, theres a problem with the mast in your area and switch off 4g on your phone. What they don't seem to be able to explain is why my other Vodafone sim works perfectly in the same phone. I'm really fed up now, but they won't release me from my contract. Don't know what to do next.

...I find myself on this thread, as we two are experiencing Vodafone issues with Pixel 3 and a 2XL 🤔

we've always had a working Sure Signal in the house and for the last month its not been signaling anything! 

its lights are on but no signal is home! 😵

Up untill then our Pixel 2 and 2XL worked fine...for the last couple of years.

at home: full signal (but only 3G due to SS) and out of house, we experienced consistent calls and data on the move, mainly over 4G.

Since the SS went on the blink I had to look into alternative solutions and WiFi Calling....   

only available for Pixel 3 and up, I upgraded my ladies phone to that and its been dreadful in house (admitedly the SS is not working we've now established).  WiFi calling made matters worse! (or doesnt actually do what it says on the tin)

But since I got Vodafone Support involved our phones have been dreadful IN and OUT of house!

one support call they where doing things with the SIMs and having me remove and put back in etc.

calls dropping / calls of such poor quality you have to hang up./ complaints that when people call they get a disconnected messeage or unobtainable tone....

and if we are lucky it goes straight to voicemail, without ringing the handsets!

am interested to note that at least 2 others in this thread also have Pixel 3 and are expereiencing dropped calls

...YMMV

Pixel 3

Pixel 2XL

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there @moof, as we'll need to take a look into the network connection in your area as well as the issues you're experiencing with your Sure Signal please can you get back to me with your results from our 2 troubleshooting templates: 

Should anyone on the thread be continuing to experience issues with calls dropping after 29 minutes and 50 seconds, please drop us a message over on Twitter or Facebook where we can take a closer look into what may be causing this. We'll also be able to flag this to our dedicated department if needed. Simply pop your Community username and the link to your post in a message to either channel and we'll take it from there! Doing this also means you won't need to write out your query again.

I spent nearly 4 weeks discussing the 29m50s problem with Vodafone, but they had no idea how to resolve it. So I left Vodafone for another network.

...when you switched networks did you continue to use the SAME handset?

and was the 30min problem gone?

Yes, same handset, new network all working fine.

hmmmm 🤔

whats also interesting to note is the time frame on these reported Pixel problems.

because we where both running a 2 and 2XL and now are running a 3 and a 2XL and yet the call quality has been pants for about a month (thats out of the house, we clearly know about our internal signal issue)

wonder if there is something technical about Google Pixels and Vodafone thats gone awry

100% this is a compatibility problem between Vodafone UK and the Pixel running Android 10.  I have done so much troubleshooting it's getting ridiculous.  

Vodafone pointed me to Google who to be fair were happy to replace the handset.. but since I know that it isn't the problem I haven't done that.

There must be something in the network and/or the carrier-specific build of Android which is causing this.  I don't understand why Vodafone are not taking this seriously.