Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Thanks.  WHAT account?  Please can you clarify

Go into extras in the my Vodafone app and check if WiFi calling is enabled.

Your account is shown when you login either on the app or web and you can change settings on your subscription.

Thanks! I've just found it.

Let's see if this fixes the issue.  

the bigger issue is why, as customers, do we suffer service by having something like WiFi calling on, which technically provides a better overall service?   

I agree.  You shouldn't have to disable it because it is very useful particularly for me.  Vodafone need to sort this out.  I resorted to changing handset which has fixed the problem.

I'm not sure wifi calling being off will fix the issue as I have had mine off and still have the issue.bthe only fix i have found us to turn 4g off but then you have to remember to turn back on when out and about. Issue started for me end February or beginning March. New sim hasn't made any difference and Vodafone are saying my handset is faulty - pretty sure it's not and am hoping for an alternative answer 

Hi all,  I turned the Wifi calling off and managed to stay connected for longer than 29 mins 50 secs. yesterday. Didn't know if it was a fluke as it had done it once before(wifi calling on).  However to check, I have just called my home phone and we are now 35 mins in.    If I had known the Wifi calling had been activated again when I upgraded my plan, I would have gone in and turned it off. When I spoke to various people at Vodafone, they just said account was in order but didn't mention the wifi bit and nor did I.    It does seem a bit weird that with it on it only gives you a certain amount of time so I think there may well still be issues.  Again, I would like to thank Oliver, however Vodafone should know about this...... I hope everyone else manages to sort their phones.

Hi Oliver - thanks for this.  so glad you found a fix!!!    Please can you provide more details pretty please :Smiling: 

what do you mean to disable wifi?  on what account?  what webpage? help! 

Please could you share the exact steps - dis gurl is confused :Sad_face:   

I am not sure I see this as solution - its simply a  workaround with some downside - the same as turning off 4G on the device is.

I would like to use 4G, have wifi calling on and make calls longer than 29 min 50 seconds. Hopefully this is still being escalated to find a proper solution.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop a reply in the thread here - rest assured this is still being investigated so we can find a fix! 

@OLIVERSWWARD Thanks for sharing the workaround in the thread - it's great to hear this has done the trick for so many in the meantime 😊

Once we have any further updates from the team, we'll add these to the thread to keep you all in the loop. We really appreciate your patience!

Any updates on this? My phone has started cutting out at 29mins 50secs too. I have an Xperia. WiFi calls are not enabled.

Absolute nightmare trying to work, 5 calls have been dropped today alone. Not good. Please help!