Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If your subscription was cancelled from our side @neilhunter14, you should be able to opt back into Spotify Premium when texting ENTERTAINMENT to 97613. If for any reason your Spotify Premium option shows as being chargeable or you face any issues when trying to add your included entertainment pack, please drop us a message on either Facebook or Twitter and we can access your account securely to help with this. 

When reaching out to us through either social media channel, please provide your Community username and link to your post - you then won't need to write out your query again and we can help you with enjoying your Spotify Premium ASAP.

@Tash  -  thank-you. I tried the TXT message Entertainment to the number but nothing happened, so I dug a little deeper. All is now fixed. I had to re-activate the account, but after logging back into my Spotify account, it all seems fine > back to Premium!! Thanks,

Neil.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's fantastic news @neilhunter14 🎉 I'm glad to hear this has all been sorted for you. If there's anything else we can help with, you know where we are 😊

@Mark  -  yes there is something. The fundamental point of this thread. My calls cut off after 29m 50s. WHY??  It is still not fixed. I spent two hours on Sunday with Vodafone Tech who assured me all will be fine - but no. I call my home phone twice today. Once with my wifi connected, and once with no wifi or 4G connected on my mobile. Both calls terminated at 29m 50s.

This is serious now. We keep getting told that all will be fine. New hardware should have been the fix at the end of March, I had a new SIM delivered before that as Customer Services thought that was the problem, and now after a long call on Sunday to Vodafone Tech, it still cuts off. This needs escalating please, to a senior level. I expect a letter now explaining what the problem is, and what is being done to stop this awful service. I expect timescales for problem resolution and a name responsible please. I am being serious.

This is utterly beyond a joke.

Neil.

And just to rub salt into the wounds, becasue the Tech guy terminated and refreshed my connection/service, my contract went beserk and you have taken the princely sum of £87.40 out of my account. I want an immediate refund please.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the misunderstanding regarding this @neilhunter14, We'll be happy to look £87.40 charges raised on your account. As any charges for changes made to your plan would be added to your upcoming bill, the charges you received would most likely not be connected to any changes made in the last 48 hours. You can view these and download a full breakdown of your bill through the My Vodafone app. Once you've checked these, if you still feel they're incorrect, we'll need you to contact us privately via our social channels and we'll be happy to look into these charges and arrange a refund of any that are incorrect.

I love how quick they are to acknowledge when something has worked, yet completely ignore the point of this thread. Absolute jokers. 

I've now changed my handset as utterly ridiculous that Sony still has yet to be sorted. I'm now on pixel which has resolved the problem for me, but still not happy with how long I was without the service I was paying for.  

Vodafone... This has nothing to do with WiFi calling, new Sims, or handsets. This is your responsibility and your problem to solve. I imagine it will be quite costly too with the amount of people on here paying for a service they're not getting. 

@KirstyD85  -  I was thinking exactly the same. They're absolutely delighted my Spotify is back up and working and get an instant message but just have no clue about the whole point of Vodafone - Communication! Why is nothing being done? Absolutely no-one has any idea what is going on, or doing anything about it, it seems.

I wasted my whole Sunday morning in calls and on 'chat' with Vodafone with the hope of getting this resolved, but no. I'd love to hear what a solicitor would say to all of this. I have already logged a complaint with OFCOM, and I hope everyone else does too. 

I have quite frankly had enough of this. 

Neil.

I've also logged a complaint with ofcom. Not that it seems to worry them at all. 

Hi jgfrancis. Thanks for your many informative posts on this ongoing issue. I'd be very grateful if you could tell me what I should ask Vodafone to do regarding deleting and resetting up my account? I tried a pay as you go Vodafone sim (with a completely different phone number) in my hanset (yesterday), and it still drops 4g calls at 29:50 on that, also. This may just have been unlucky, as maybe the PAYG sim was also connected to a 'bad' server? My phone was not bought from Vodafone, and is an unlocked Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. I know Vodafone should be sorting this out for me, but they really have no idea! Every time I contact them, I get a different 'answer'. I have spent 30 hours plus on live chats, phone calls, etc, and I'm no closer to a resolution. I'm worried now, as my current 'workaround' of using 3g for calls will be no good when they disable their 3g network next year, and I can't afford to replace the handset. Thanks in advance for any advice you could offer me. Kind regards, David.