Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Hi Amanda. Just to reiterate: My phone was bought unlocked from Carphone Warehouse, so does not have Vodafone software. As I've said, all the information you required from me has already been supplied to you via social media. This problem still happens on my Xperia XZ1 Compact (!), so please let Sony know that the problem is NOT resolved. Alternatively, please let your senior technicians know. I am utterly sick of this now and I expect it to be resolved. My phone is running Android 9, which is the latest Android version that will ever be available for the handset. If the issue is not solved by the time you switch off your 3g network, I will expect to be well compensated for the cost of replacing a perfectly good, and expensive - (£400!)  mobile phone. I have tried a PAYG Vodafone SIM in my phone (costing me £10!), and that doesn't work past 29:50 on 4g, either. To add insult to injury, during a recent call to Vodafone, your adviser tried to tell me that my phone was running such an old version of Android, that it needs replacing! This, despite the fact that a huge number of Vodafone customers are able to make 4g calls of any duration on devices running Android 9 and older versions.  Please advise me asap. Thanks. David.

So I have been reading through this thread. I have an Oppo Find X3 Pro from Vodafone, on contract from new in April 2021. Since upgrading to Android 12 earlier this year, I am having this exact same problem with calls disconnecting at 29:50. Only when I make a call however, not when someone else calls me.

I see there are some specific fixes for some Google Pixels and Sony Xperia models had been rolled out to "fix" this issue, but so far no mention of the Oppo Find X3 Pro. Is this something that's on anyone's radar? I tried to open a support query a couple of months ago, but I wasn't given any help that was useful.

Any word on what's going on with the Oppo Find X3 Pro? 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We currently only have the information regarding the models listed in @Amanda's message @Crugath. I've reached out to the team that provided this and asked if this is a known issue with Oppo devices. They've advised this will need to be investigated for you. As we'll need to take some personal information to do this, please pop us a private message through our social channels and we'll take a look. To save you repeating yourself when you pop us a message, please include a link to this thread and your Community ID.

Hi, 

With regards to the above post that mentions the Oppo Find X3 Pro, I'd like to add that I'm having the exact same issue of outgoing calls cutting off at 29:50 on my Oppo Find X2 Pro. This has only become an issue since I received the Android 12 update in March. I've had the phone since November 2020 and have not experienced calls cutting off at 29:50 until the most recent Android update.

It's a bit disheartening to see in this thread that there doesn't seem to be a true solution to the problem. I'll try contacting Vodafone on social media and update the thread if I get any useful or different advice for Oppo devices.

@Mark This isn't the case - when I contacted the social media team with the link they told me they were unable to view the forum and I had to both repeat the entire situation and provide them with screenshots of the forum thread. So perhaps you could get the people we are contacting in the loop first, because the customers who have this call dropping issue are sick of repeating ourselves!

@Highlandfairy that is exactly what I'm currently experiencing! I'm in the middle of messaging Vodafone and they stated that they couldn't open the link or view the thread. Really inconvenient having to go back and fore between the two!

@natdavies2222 Yep, such a frustrating lack of internal communication! 🤦‍♀️

@Mark just so you're aware, the staff on social media have no idea about this issue. As @Highlandfairy has noted, we end up having to repeat ourselves and we get asked the same questions over and over. 

It's frustrating, because if they were able to see this thread they might stand a chance of getting our queries to the right department. There's obviously a number of customers who knowingly have this issue (who knows how many unknowingly have it, as they may only make short calls 🤷🏻‍♀️). 

Surely there's got to be a way to instruct the social media reps to pass these queries directly to the department that's investigating the issue?

Yep, when I DM'd the Vodafone Twitter account after being advised to do so here, I was sent off to a tech support chat on the Vodafone website who was very polite and nice, but didn't really have anything relevant about this thread, and suggested a fix that hasn't worked.

EDIT: They did mention that the conversation I'd had with them would be saved to my account, in case I came back to contact support again, but at no point was there any mention of any details being passed to anyone who is keeping an eye on this issue (or similar issues). So this was treated as an isolated incident, and not something that might be more systemic.

Somewhat ironically, I've been advised to phone technical support on 191 - let's hope I can resolve the call before 29:50 🤦🏻‍♀️