Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Please keep us posted! Good luck. Talk fast 😉

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty getting this issue resolved when contacting us via social media @Highlandfairy@natdavies2222 and @Crugath. We've been working with our network team for some time regarding this issue and have recently received the details outlined in @Amanda's post.

It appears to be a mis-understanding regarding being advised the team are unable to see this thread. This shouldn't be the case as public posts here are visible to anyone. In addition to this, many of our social team are the Community moderators and are always on hand and happy to help if one of the team are struggling to view these threads.
I'm sorry for any confusion regarding this issue. If you still need assistance with this after checking the information in our earlier post regarding this matter, please reply to our most recent message on the social platform you reached out to us on. We'll be happy to pick this up again for you and if needed get the case escalated again.

@Mark @Amanda my last correspondence on FB messenger ended with Vodafone saying there's nothing they can do and my handset is at fault. So where do I go from here? I don't want to waste my time with them again when they clearly have washed their hands of it. So... What do I do?

I have a Sony XA2 and Sony XZ1 compact that sporadically had the issue in the past, but now seem to permanently have it. This suggests it's software, not handset related. 

@Mark thanks for this. As my phone isn't listed in the post that details those that have had updates to fix the issue, I've gone back to my message to Vodafone on Twitter and asked for this to be looked at again.

@Crugath and @Highlandfairy I'll continue to post updates to the thread to let you know if I get anywhere. 

I can see the XZ1 compact is covered in @Amanda's message on the 29th about this issue @Highlandfairy. If your handset was purchased directly from us, there's been a software update that should eliminate this issue. Please check your handset software is up to date as this update should've corrected the issue. If you're handset was purchased from us and running on the most up to date android operating system, please back this up and try resetting the handset. Unfortunately, if your handset was purchased through a 3rd party, we're unable to confirm  the software update is available to your handset.

If you can reply to our last message in your conversation with us through Messenger, we'll be happy to contact the team to see if the XA2 is also affected.

Ok, so the latest update is that I've been advised to do a factory reset on my phone. I can't say I have much faith in this suggestion as I suspect that as soon as the phone hits the Android 12 update, the issue will occur again. Multiple users have reported this weirdly specific timing, call cut off issue AFTER an Android update. Why would a factory reset make any difference? Unless Vodafone technical team expect me to not update Android when the updates come through??

Factory reset isn't ideal, as although the phone backs up automatically - it's still a bit daunting! As this seems to be a process of elimination though, I guess I'll have to give it a go.

Also, being advised again to "phone" technical team if I need further support .... yeah 🙄

I wasn't told to do a factory reset, I was advised to force my phone to pick another network and then switch back to Vodafone.

If other phones had specific updates to fix this issue, I fail to see what a factory reset would do.

Please can we get some information from Vodafone as to what this issue is, and why suggestions like I was given or a factory reset would be useful?

I don't like how we're told to go off and talk to Vodafone on other channels, this leads to lots of repetitive communication, where instead things could be discussed here and then there's a single source of information for Vodafone's engineers and us users. What's the point of community forums if we're all told to go and communicate elsewhere, especially when elsewhere has no knowledge of the communication here?

@Mark can you come in on this please? 

Your earlier post seemed to suggest that this was a known issue and that any phone models that weren't mentioned in Amanda's post would be investigated.

I don't think that what me and @Crugath have experienced reflects this. We've both been offered different advice for the same brand of phone and at no point has there been acknowledgement (apart from here in the forum) that this is something that the Technical team are aware of or that it has been investigated in any way.

I feel that we've been offered "fob off" solutions and that our issue probably isn't getting to the team that investigated this for the Google and Sony models that were originally affected by this problem.

I advised to complete a factory reset as this would help eliminate any glitches with the software and help ensure you're using the most up to date version of the Android operating system on your phone @Crugath

I can understand it may feel a little frustrating to be asked to contact us through another platform. As we're unable to discuss any personal information with you via a public forum such as our Community, we need you to reach out to you via a Private Message or DM over our other social channels. When you reach out to us regarding anything raised to us here, we always advise including a link to your Community post as this will help you avoid repeating yourself

If you can confirm the make and models of the phones you're using @natdavies2222 & @Crugath and if you purchased these directly from us, I'll be able to see if we have a little more information on this issue for you.

Ok, I can accept that advising a factory reset may eliminate glitches (although it's been quite a number of years since I've had to do anything of the sort).

However, both myself and @Crugath have stated how we're both running the most up to date version of Android available for our phones. In fact, we've both stated that our issue started after the latest update! I've just checked to be certain and sure enough, latest version of Android, ColorOS and security patch etc which are available for my phone, are installed. 

I can confirm @Mark that my phone is an Oppo Find X2 Pro that was supplied directly from Vodafone, on contract. I'm pretty sure that @Crugath has an Oppo Find X3 Pro from Vodafone, but it's best if that's confirmed by Crugath.