Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Just like to add my device (Poco F3) to the list of devices with issues. Having called up and gotten WiFi and 4G calling disabled, I can now make calls longer than 29m50s. Not exactly a solution though! 

Thanks for letting us know @jamesharvey94 - if you can get in touch with us over social media, we can add this to our list of examples. 

If you include a link to your post, along with your Community username, you won't need to repeat yourself either 🙂 

I have heard from the team on Twitter this morning with an update. This is on the Network team's radar as multiple people have submitted info now. In this instance, they are working with Oppo on what can be done.

I have asked about getting 4G/WiFi calling disabled on my account, but haven't heard back yet.

Is there a reason that this isn't an option on your account settings that we can change ourselves anymore? It's listed in the "Active Controls and Limits", alongside options for Sending/Receiving picture messages and being able to send messages to premium rate numbers, but the 4G/WiFi calling doesn't have a "Turn off" button.

Crugath_0-1654855848343.png

EDIT: I have heard back from the team on Twitter again who have disabled 4G/WiFi calling for me, and I have just made a phone call to test and the call lasted beyond 29:50!! So for now this could be a good work around, to disable WiFi/4G calling 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping the thread updated @Crugath 

We've had no information on why you're no longer able to turn this off on your My Vodafone app/online - our team via social media can easily do this at anyone's request though. 

@Amanda I spoke to someone on Twitter who turned it off for me, and now phone calls are able to stay connected beyond 29:50. So this is a good workaround for now, but I'm looking forward to a more-robust fix from Oppo in the (hopefully!) near future.

Hi Amanda,

I am also having the same issue with outbound calls being disconnected after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds 😔

However I have a Voxi SIM which uses Vodafone network. I am using a Poco X4 Pro handset. Is there anything that you Vodafone can do to help with disabling my WiFi/4g calling or am I stuck because the SIM is through Voxi?

Thanks in advance.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KayleighH - thanks for reaching out to us and I’m sorry to hear you’re facing the calls dropping after this length of time. Please come and talk to us through Social Media and we can take a look at your account.

Hi Mark,

Just to provide some additional insight, OnePlus phones (same parent company as Oppo) are also suffering from this issue currently, as well as VOLTE not being supported on Vodafone (which seems silly when Oppo is and they are basically the same handset)

I'm now getting this problem on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G. It has started sometime between Mon 13 Jun and Mon 20 Jun looking at my billing records I had a hour long call on the 13th and on the 20th got cut off at 29m50s and every call since then either shows up as 30min or less!

What do I need to do to get it sorted and why has it suddenly started after so long? I found this thread while on hold to 191 and being told a load of useless advice like get a replacement SIM, enter APN settings in manually, force phone to connect to O2 then back to Vodafone! Clearly none of this is any use I see that forcing 3G mode or turning off 4G calling seems to be a workaround but heck I don't pay for unlimited 5G data to be pushed back into using 3G just to make a simple phone call. Seems like Voda has had over a year to sort this out for other customers and instead you've given my a problem I didn't have. And why are your tech support still not aware and giving out the useless advice wasting my time?

Sorry you're having this problem too. It's been going on for well over 2 years, actually! I've given up with Vodafone, as they told me umpteen different reasons, and offered umpteen 'solutions. None worked. The last time we spoke they told me it was because my XZ1 compact was 'out of date'!! I'm sorry to say, they will NEVER resolve this issue. When they switch off the 3g network next year, our phones should then default to 2g for calls. Disabling wifi and 4g calling via the my Vodafone app is the best workaround I've found. If you find you can't disable it in the app, you'll need to ask them to disable it for you. Your phone will switch back to 4g/5g for data once the phone call ends. Please don't waste hours of your life with Vodafone 'support' (like I did!) as they are utterly clueless. All the best.